Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have heard many, many great things about Ventana, and would love to consider one, but until I get a chance to ride one (even briefly), I will not be adding them to the final "list" of potential bikes. For reference's sake, my other main contender is an 06' Large Turner RFX with some form of 5" rockers on the back and most likely a Pike up front (or possibly one of the big stanchion forks dialed down to the appropriate height).

So, if anyone has any ideas as to where I can find a Ventana to ride, that would be awesome. While I'm on the subject, I find it ironic how difficult it has been to even find an X-5 or El Ciclone anywhere. I realize that the El Ciclone is new and all, but come on! I have talked to Ventana several times (offering to drive almost anywhere, as well as to their facility), talked to every dealer around here, as well as the dealers in Portland, and apparently I'm the only one who needs to see, feel, and ride a bike before I spend two thousand dollars on one. In any case, I am in the SoCal area, and at this point, I'm willing to drive a considerable distance in order to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks for any help in advance

Ryan

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
madsry said:
So I have heard many, many great things about Ventana, and would love to consider one, but until I get a chance to ride one (even briefly), I will not be adding them to the final "list" of potential bikes. For reference's sake, my other main contender is an 06' Large Turner RFX with some form of 5" rockers on the back and most likely a Pike up front (or possibly one of the big stanchion forks dialed down to the appropriate height).

So, if anyone has any ideas as to where I can find a Ventana to ride, that would be awesome. While I'm on the subject, I find it ironic how difficult it has been to even find an X-5 or El Ciclone anywhere. I realize that the El Ciclone is new and all, but come on! I have talked to Ventana several times (offering to drive almost anywhere, as well as to their facility), talked to every dealer around here, as well as the dealers in Portland, and apparently I'm the only one who needs to see, feel, and ride a bike before I spend two thousand dollars on one. In any case, I am in the SoCal area, and at this point, I'm willing to drive a considerable distance in order to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks for any help in advance

Ryan
Ryan-
Good luck finding one. I am in TX, and won't have the bike out in sunny Cali for another 6 months.
FWIW, I was in the same boat, just astounded that I couldnt ride either a Ventana or Turner from dealers here in TX before buying one. I guess that made the decision easier between the two though, as there was no bias. I ordered an X-5, site unseen from Chad at Red Barn, after we thouroughly discussed and evaluated my options.

I could not be happier with my decision.
Hope that is a little reassuring!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
ajr said:
It was a lighthearted reply. I am in the UK.
Alan - I am originally from just outside of Colchester but have lived in the US for 10 yrs now and started mtn biking after leaving England. What trails do you ride? I didn't think there was much near by apart from Thetford Forest? I will stop by your shop and say hi next time I am back visiting my parents. PS - Sorry for the hijack guys.

·
Registered
753 Posts
wilks said:
Alan - I am originally from just outside of Colchester but have lived in the US for 10 yrs now and started mtn biking after leaving England. What trails do you ride? I didn't think there was much near by apart from Thetford Forest? I will stop by your shop and say hi next time I am back visiting my parents. PS - Sorry for the hijack guys.
I do ride at Thetford its good in the winter. Most of the good stuff is at least 1.5 hrs drive. we sometimes drive 3hrs for a Sunday ride. My shop is in Maldon Essex be good to see you.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Im in the Santa Barbara area. Mine is a salty in a x5 jig, really a pre Ciclon. 5/6 rockers, dhx air and a fox Vanilla. Your more than welcom to take it for a spin. I would come down that way to ride but Im sittling in a cast with a dislocated finger healing:) If you come up this way just send me a PM. MW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.