Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
x0 also has the titanium return spring. I think it's made of better material and it uses better bushings/bearings at the pivots, but I could be wrong. x0 is also avialable in short cage.
but is it worth the extra money for that? i dont think it is, but thats just me.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,801 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
x0 also has the titanium return spring. I think it's made of better material and it uses better bushings/bearings at the pivots, but I could be wrong. x0 is also avialable in short cage.
Theres supposed to be a x9 short cage for '07... I need one now, though...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
austinb89 said:
but is it worth the extra money for that? i dont think it is, but thats just me.
that is where I am at........only an ounce different in weight....shifters the same derailers are different weight

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Wait for the new X9 short cage derailleur to come out, and then run it with an X0 shifter. The shifter is the part that really matters, and the X0 is really crisp and nice. The derailleur you just replace after a while.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ojai Bicyclist said:
Wait for the new X9 short cage derailleur to come out, and then run it with an X0 shifter. The shifter is the part that really matters, and the X0 is really crisp and nice. The derailleur you just replace after a while.
thanks....I just may do that

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Why bother putting XO bling on a DH bike when you're gonna bash it off rocks anyway?

I have X9 on my VPF and XO on my Turner and they perform the same.
Had I not got a deal on the XO it would be X9 or X7.

Save your money, buy more Patron.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
e[I said:
o]Why bother putting XO bling on a DH bike when you're gonna bash it off rocks anyway?

I have X9 on my VPF and XO on my Turner and they perform the same.
Had I not got a deal on the XO it would be X9 or X7.

Save your money, buy more Patron.
really.....i aM CALLING YOU

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.