Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm positive I want to ditch my Shimano drivetrain and go to the Sram X-9 triggers. But, which derailleur to use? The X.9 is pretty cheap, but the X.0, with that carbon and aluminum... So, are there any real advantages to spending twice as much for the X.0?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
If you're not a weight wenny or a racer, a X.9 is more than enough...If money is not an issue, of course X.0 is better coz it looks a lot better...other than that, performance are almost the same.

·
Registered
178 Posts
X.0 isn't carbon

MD Bullit said:
I'm positive I want to ditch my Shimano drivetrain and go to the Sram X-9 triggers. But, which derailleur to use? The X.9 is pretty cheap, but the X.0, with that carbon and aluminum... So, are there any real advantages to spending twice as much for the X.0?
Its just a cosmetic print on some sort of polymer. Which I think is kinda tacky.

Still, its a nice derailleur. Not sure of whether it actually functions any better than the 9.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Functionally the same products, aesthetically and construction wise there are obvious differences. I think the X.O features a few different materials in its construction.

I use X.O but wouldn't hesitate to go X9 if I had too.. In fact I have an X9 rear mech just in case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.