Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a week in Michigan, and you guys have no idea how good we have it. I promise to never, ever, ever complain about the weather.

G

·
skinny-tire said:
Just got back from a week in Michigan, and you guys have no idea how good we have it. I promise to never, ever, ever complain about the weather.
Its because Michigan is basically Canada. Born, raised and lived there for 22 years. Don't miss it one bit.:D

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
can we start the over\under until Skinny's next "have you put on your heater\AC\fuzzy fleece socks\thong" thread?

ps: how is the heel?

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chollaball said:
can we start the over\under until Skinny's next "have you put on your heater\AC\fuzzy fleece socks\thong" thread?

ps: how is the heel?
Sorry, I should amend this to say "will never complain on MTBR about the weather." We got in last night, and it was 65 in the house, and the SO said "gosh it's cold in here." I had to remind her that 65 is considered warm for a Summer day in MI.

I'm surviving. Actually, I even started to walk a bit in the walking cast on Sunday without any pain.

·
"Yabut"
838 Posts
Yeah, I just got back from a week in Seattle. Cold, gray skies, rain, and snow. As I was driving to the airport to come home, it was 40 degrees and raining hard. I thought to myself, "This is why I no longer live in Seattle". It's so nice to be home!!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I was born/grew up in Northern Vermont.

We lived about 20 miles from town, way up in the mountains. Our average winter time mean temperature was around 20 below. One Christmas it reached 44 below during a blizzard. Spending 2 weeks without power, running water, and no way to get to the store makes AZ a breeze...

·
Sloth Hunter
87 Posts
It could be 112 and your A/C is broken

MyBike'sBroken said:
Yeah, I just got back from a week in Seattle. Cold, gray skies, rain, and snow. As I was driving to the airport to come home, it was 40 degrees and raining hard. I thought to myself, "This is why I no longer live in Seattle". It's so nice to be home!!
Not compelling enough for me. We're moving to Seattle in a couple of years and just like anywhere, we'll have to make accommodations for the weather.

Which is more tolerable? 100°+ days of relentless heat, then rain and humidity for 3 months...or 40° cloudy days with drissling rain? Getting warm is easier than getting cool.
I grew up in Jamestown, NY and Seattle is mild in comparison.
Bottom line for me is I'm burned out on this 'town' and look forward to what Seattle (or the PNW) has to offer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Where ?

sixsixtysix said:
Its because Michigan is basically Canada. Born, raised and lived there for 22 years. Don't miss it one bit.:D
Where you from in Michigan ? I'm from the Canton, Livonia area lived there 19 yr. I have to admit that I don't miss the 6 month long bitter winters I miss real GREEN.

·
Braaaapp!
477 Posts
From Oscoda Michigan here. Also did some time in Midland, Cass City, and my favorite, Houghton / Hancock. (Hoe-ton, not How-ton, everyone says it weird out here).

I miss it there, green grass, forest, lakes and rivers all over the place. Plus I love snowmobiling. Like someone else said, it's a lot easier to get warm than to cool down. Once you pull off so many layers they can arrest you. :). I start getting miserable when it's above 85 or so, and I can't do a damn thing when it's 100+. I'd rather bundle up for 0 degree weather! Counting down till I get to go back. AZ is great and all, but not my style.

I know guys still riding and commuting in Michigan right now. Studded tires....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.