Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Guy.Ford said:
more...

After months of talk, Mark Weir and his fellow teammates, Jason Moeschler and Ben Cruz, will be riding for Cannondale.
The trio will be racing and product testing the new Jekyll and Claymore bike for 2011.

Although we've been talking to Mark Weir for several weeks about how much he's loving his new Jekyll, we couldn't announce it until it was official.

Weir notes that he never thought he'd like an air shock but has been impressed with the DYAD RT2 dual shock, specifically it's ability to take a hit and remain stable at speed. "I've already broken all my downhill records at the ranch," he told us. Weir, Moeschler and Cruz spend a lot of time riding at a private ranch on trails they built for testing and training. All three riders have been on the Jekyll Ultimate (see stock photo below from Cannondale's website) and have been nothing less than impressed, which is a good thing because we are finally getting our Jekyll test steed today.

Right now, Weir is just finishing up the Urge Cabo Verde event on his new bike. He's been sending text messages about how gnarly it was riding down the face of the main mountain of Santo Antao Island. Stay tuned for more about Weir and Cannondale and the Urge Cabo Verde event.
According to Weir, whatever bike he happens to be riding at the moment, is the unrivalled BEST!

Just ask him - he'll be sure to blow you away and bluster and BS.

·
Registered
777 Posts
iheartbicycles said:
According to Weir, whatever bike he happens to be riding at the moment, is the unrivalled BEST!

Priceless !!! And So So So True !!!! A crap MTB Bike is a crap MTB Bike... No matter how much $$$$$ The high priced sell out clown is getting... To Say its- THE BEST MTB BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN !!! Sorry- I would not ride a Junk A Dale even if I was given it for Free... Or in Mark case Paid to ride that Sh** Bike... :nono: :nono: :nono: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
I dig trails!
5,608 Posts
iheartbicycles said:

[email protected] That sounds like you.

zing!
:devil:

In his defense, he is a sponsored rider and all sponsored riders are required to talk up their sponsor's product. They are a marketing vehicle first and foremost.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Guy.Ford said:
Also how many people buy a new brand xxy bike and come on here to post about how much better its is than the brand xxx they used to have. Doesnt sound any different than any other rider you talk to when they get a new bike.
The difference is that we don't get paid to talk about our bikes. :p

Mark and Jason are amazing riders, but for them, riding is a job and they go where the money's at. I'm sure C'dale is paying them big bucks to repeatedly say how "over mountain" is better than "all mountain". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
777 Posts
I just Think Cannondale is wasting some Big $$$$ Even with Weir... I don't think... people are gonna be lining up to buy Cannondale MTBs... Just my Take...

·
Ride Good or Eat Wood
606 Posts
Just goes to show...... everyone has a price!! Good luck to him, he's got to make a living. I think we all forget that at that level its all about business. There is no such thing as loyalty except to the $$. Which is why it's refreshing to be on forums like this where everyone rides the bike not because we are getting paid big $$, instead because we think its a damn good bike! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Everyone has a price. That's true, although none of us know the financial details do we? Does anyone even really know if he's getting more $? If he jumped or was pushed? But even if he left for more money, so what. There's no need for anyone to get so effin sanctimonious about it. All that Weir has done is gone to a different employer. I would do the same thing if I got offered a better deal. And I would tout my employers products as being the dogs bo!!ocks as that is what I'm paid to do.

I'm willing to bet that he will still be riding his Nomad on the local trails; Jackal on the pump track.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Guy.Ford said:
Weir notes that he never thought he'd like an air shock but has been impressed with the DYAD RT2 dual shock, specifically it's ability to take a hit and remain stable at speed.
Has Weir ever ridden a Curnutt air shock? I wish I could get one of those for my Nomad....

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Banshee Rider said:
You boys certainly weren't questioning his credibility when he was still on a SC. ;)

I wonder if he'll be able to regain the fastest downieville record with his new bike?
I was. He has no credibility. He is an egotistical blowhard.

Cannondale is a perfect match for weir.

When is Cannondale going bancrupt again?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.