Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ORIGINAL
What? why is everything in this forum gone? when will the website be updated? why didn't you update but one or 2 models this year?
put some effort in or fold
Mike
ORIGINAL END

Hey all,
Mike Gore (mbgore) here. After talking with TK (thekid) and Dave (DPCX) I have so much more respect for K2. These guys are busting their butts, and doing a great job. They have done alot for me in the past few weeks, and I hope that I can have an ongoing relationship with K2.
Thanks,
Mike Gore

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe for the 2008 line

I've read in a spanish magazine a couple months ago an interview with dave weagle that concerning k2 there are some big news for the next year line up. In that interview he mentioned that new models will appear with a new suspension design (not dw-link). It left me curious but other than that interview i haven´t read anything else about that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
mbgore said:
What? why is everything in this forum gone? when will the website be updated? why didn't you update but one or 2 models this year?
put some effort in or fold
Mike
Why dont you call or e-mail the two, yes TWO guys who are bustin their butts to get through this transition year & let them know how you feel. For the work load they have I think they are doing a pretty good job considering.

Not sure what you are talking about in regards to everything in this forum being gone. If you mean that its been pretty quiet around here It's probably because its winter & not a lot of the country is riding right now. Thank god we've have decent weather in the NW this week. Got two good weekends in a row on the Apache with my new shock (Fox RP23). :thumbsup:

DP

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well heres the thing, if a company as big as big as K2 decides it wants to go big in the market they can do that no problem. Alot of Skiers and Snowboarders are sold on the K2
branding. If they keep pushing the All Mountain and downhill bikes they will do well.
For the cross county riders I hope they keep the Apache and the T-9 Summit
around. Whistler and other Ski sites are killing it. I hope the rumor that
K2 is coming in with a whole new line of bikes is true.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two guys? geez. Are they still in seattle? I'm there, and I'd love to help. pm me so I can call them or something. where is sandy liman?

·
Registered
850 Posts
DPCX said:
Why dont you call or e-mail the two, yes TWO guys who are bustin their butts to get through this transition year & let them know how you feel. For the work load they have I think they are doing a pretty good job considering.

Not sure what you are talking about in regards to everything in this forum being gone. If you mean that its been pretty quiet around here It's probably because its winter & not a lot of the country is riding right now. Thank god we've have decent weather in the NW this week. Got two good weekends in a row on the Apache with my new shock (Fox RP23). :thumbsup:

DP
Go get em DP!!

You gonna be at the swap meet this year?

·
Registered
850 Posts
mbgore said:
Two guys? geez. Are they still in seattle? I'm there, and I'd love to help. pm me so I can call them or something. where is sandy liman?
Not in seattle for long......

I hear Sandy got a job cleaning "port a potties".... or at least he should... thats about all he is qualified for.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
oly said:
Go get em DP!!

You gonna be at the swap meet this year?
Hey Damon,

Yes, I'll be at the swap. I'm helping out TK & Steve by selling off a bunch of demo bikes. I think Mike was maybe going to help as well., That would be cool, It'll be a reunion of sorts. :)

Did you notice we (indie series) are having a race at Cap Forest in April? I cant wait, thats where it all began for me, l o n g time ago. LOL We were suppose to do a recon ride of the course on Saturday but our buddy/ride leader backed out due to a trail work party.

cheers,
DP

·
Registered
850 Posts
DPCX said:
Hey Damon,

Yes, I'll be at the swap. I'm helping out TK & Steve by selling off a bunch of demo bikes. I think Mike was maybe going to help as well., That would be cool, It'll be a reunion of sorts. :)

Did you notice we (indie series) are having a race at Cap Forest in April? I cant wait, thats where it all began for me, l o n g time ago. LOL We were suppose to do a recon ride of the course on Saturday but our buddy/ride leader backed out due to a trail work party.

cheers,
DP
Hey, yea i heard someone was over here on the island of lost souls milling about getting stuff for the swap meet.... I go out of habit, even when i dont have a ton to sell. Getting a new Turner frame soon and need to try to move the current setup.... and some random assortments of stuff... Im fencing too... have a few friends unable to go, but want to sell... so i get a cut... haha.

I hadnt seen about the indy series thing... Got more info? I know a few people that would be intrested. Have you seen the SuperD/Poker run series down there?? Cap is BACK... well it never went anywhere for me.... but it seems to be getting more use again.

Well, see ya in a few weeks. Im in #77, on the halway to the crappers so im sure at one point you will have to come by.

see ya

·
Registered
121 Posts
We are putting in a ton of effort towards launching some exciting, new K2 Bike full-suspension designs for 2008.

Dave Weagle is helping develop these new designs, and they will not be DW-Link bikes. I can't share any more than that at present.

Addressing enthusiast riders in the all-mountain category, where K2 Skis and Snowboards are so strong, is an important focus of our new development.

Aggressive freeride and downhill racing K2 Bike models are not planned for the immediate future.

I'm embarrassed by the website more than anyone, but our current small team needs to stay focused on creating some kick-ass new designs for 2008 right now, until we find the right marketing individual to help us spread the word.

Thanks for your patience, guys!
The Kid

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
thekid said:
We are putting in a ton of effort towards launching some exciting, new K2 Bike full-suspension designs for 2008.

Dave Weagle is helping develop these new designs, and they will not be DW-Link bikes. I can't share any more than that at present.

Addressing enthusiast riders in the all-mountain category, where K2 Skis and Snowboards are so strong, is an important focus of our new development.

Aggressive freeride and downhill racing K2 Bike models are not planned for the immediate future.

I'm embarrassed by the website more than anyone, but our current small team needs to stay focused on creating some kick-ass new designs for 2008 right now, until we find the right marketing individual to help us spread the word.

The Kid
I don't care so much about the website as I do parts for K2 bikes. I've been calling since Sept to try to get a build kit for a Razorback to replace bushings, etc. Every time I call, they say, "In a month." (Except for November when they said January).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
getting the drop on a new Dave Weagle Design IS pretty exciting news--it'll be fun to see them--will they be around in demo fashion by mid to late fall??

Good luck guys-hope you make a winner--Though, I have to say I really do think the Apache IS a winner (such a basic design-but so effective). I've talked a few others into buying them from the LBS (after I let them borrow my ride for a few jaunts around the woods). All in all, it's still the best 4 inch dualie xc bike out there (save for maybe a few boutiques-but I'll never know!). I just rode 4 hours around my favorite region this afternoon-a little snow and ice mixed in but it handles everything with agility and aplomb.

My Bike shop owner buddy here in Massachusetts is running his Apache with a Rock Shock Pike (thru axle on spinergy wheels)-you'd think it'd be a frankenbike but having ridden it a few times I've got to say it's a strangely awesome pairing,

I'll try to get him to post pic's of it-it's certainly unique!

Liam

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ruinane - Sorry about the poor/non-availability on RB service parts. There is a secret stash of service parts on the west coast that may have what you need. I will be back next week, so PM me with your contact details and I will do my best to get you riding again.

Liam - I can imagine that a Pike on an Apache would be pretty fun. I think as time goes on, you'll see more thru-axles on XC, trail and all-mountain bikes.

Mike - PM me with what kind of bike you're looking for, and what you can do to help spread the word. I can't promise anything, but I will seriously consider what you have to say.

Cheers,
The Kid

·
Registered
186 Posts
thekid said:
Ruinane - Sorry about the poor/non-availability on RB service parts. There is a secret stash of service parts on the west coast that may have what you need. I will be back next week, so PM me with your contact details and I will do my best to get you riding again.

Liam - I can imagine that a Pike on an Apache would be pretty fun. I think as time goes on, you'll see more thru-axles on XC, trail and all-mountain bikes.

Mike - PM me with what kind of bike you're looking for, and what you can do to help spread the word. I can't promise anything, but I will seriously consider what you have to say.

Cheers,
The Kid
TK, what are you doing? Its like 3am in China right now & your on here?? I've been in contact with Mike already, I'll e-mail you the details.

cheers,
DP

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
wierd, they aren't planning an all-mountain rig, that class is a pretty hot item recently..of course DH is white hot

·
Registered
525 Posts
thekid said:

The Kid
Sounds like all mountain more that downhill. That ok by me I dont have any
lifts to take me to the top here in Maui. I have to Pedal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
adamantane said:
wierd, they aren't planning an all-mountain rig, that class is a pretty hot item recently..of course DH is white hot
All mountain yes, freeride/DH no. This is from an earlier post on this thread,

"Addressing enthusiast riders in the all-mountain category, where K2 Skis and Snowboards are so strong, is an important focus of our new development.

Aggressive freeride and downhill racing K2 Bike models are not planned for the immediate future."

DP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.