Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrrrrrr...Apparently, I forgot how to ride my bike. After a week of rain there was a four hour window of sunshine today. It's a technical ride..even more so wet, but I was anxious to get out. I was a dyslexic at a spelling bee. It's like I'd never ridden a bike on a trail before. I couldn't pick a line, couldn't stay on the pedals... balance? flow? what's that? Now, I'm no expert but have been rather proud of my improved skills so far this season. I wasn't overly tired.. maybe a bit cautious of the conditions... I don't know???

I'm chalking it up to an "off" day... hope your ride was better

·
rack admirer
665 Posts
Getting spooked

I climb for 40 minutes to get to my favorite series of drops. I hit the first one distracted and lose my nerve and land clumbsy on the next one by the third I am heavy on the bars and all brakes. Arragh. Stop compose. fly the line.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Last week I experienced the same thing. On this one trail there is this funky downhill that crosses two little merging streams. On the other side there is a bulbous hump followed by a small up hill. If I hit it right, it feels so cool. I hit it last week about as poorly as I could, legs flayling (sp). That was only one part of a pretty terrible outing. I kept wondering if all the 2-3 mile daddy rides with the kids this summer was impairing my modest ability. The only redeeming section came at the end when the sun was going down and I was able to carve some pretty tight corners through some single track through the woods. It's kind of a rush when your shoulder and helmut barely skim hard wood or a root bounces you just as your about to go between two trees shoulder width apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts