Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reading the other fox thread prompted me to post my thought:

Fox clothing has gone downhill these last 4 years. they used to make simple looking stuff and marketed to the mx'ers, mtbr's, surfers and people of the culture. for example they would make a shirt with just the basic logo and you knew it was fox. I don't think fox even makes a basic t with a fox logo. Now their clothes are all flashy looking and you have no idea its made by fox unless you look at the tag. Fox has just became another fashion clothing designer.

Done with my rant. Agree. Disagree. Boycott.

·
Registered
637 Posts
A solid casual clothing line with simple, clean lines and colors and classic-ish styles could really make a lot of $$$.....I considered it a million times!

·
Bike Dork
1,365 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife got it in one.

Fox clothing has always been marketing trash as long as I can remember. It was never high quality and was worn by people who like to be associated with a brand.

I love their suspension, but that's it.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
themanmonkey said:
Bikinfoolferlife got it in one.

Fox clothing has always been marketing trash as long as I can remember. It was never high quality and was worn by people who like to be associated with a brand.

I love their suspension, but that's it.
Fox Shox and Fox Racing are completely different companies.

As far as the clothing company (Fox Racing), aesthetics are personal preference.....lot of hate here. Bottom line is Fox sells a bunch of gear. Why? It's absolutely because of their marketing and "style". As far as I see it, FOX is the market leader....whether or not you agree with their fashion sense, they are absolutely nailing it on the head when it comes to their target audience. I wear a bunch of their gear....all my shorts are from Fox, most of my jerseys, all my gloves....some of my street gear as well (hoodies, T's, shirts, etc). I've never had a problem with their quality.....my gloves have lasted 5-6 years through hundreds of washes, dirt, grease, salt, abrasion, etc. Jerseys are fine....sure some of them have torn.....crashes will do that. I don't expect them to be bulletproof. But beyond that....if you separate tears/holes from crashes, it's not like my Fox gear has somehow disintegrated through time.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The worst pair of shorts that I own are Fox, and that isn't from an aesthetic point of view either. The padding has bunched itself into a nice little ball, so your taint gets padding, but nothing else!

·
DIRT DART
209 Posts
you can't swing a dead cat around by the tail without hitting someone wearing fox casual clothing these days, they are just broadening there demographic with the flashy stuff, i just like there gear. i could care less about there casual crap

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
I have a few basic jerseys and pairs of shorts. The stuff I have works for me, I especially like their gloves. Tough and comfortable.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Really?

Jim311 said:
I have a few basic jerseys and pairs of shorts. The stuff I have works for me, I especially like their gloves. Tough and comfortable.
I've owned one pair. They fell apart in less than a season and "comfortable" for gloves is rather silly. If gloves are sized correctly, they're all comfortable. It's just some sort of fabric stitched together. They should all be comfortable.

I prefer Mechanix gloves. They're durable, comfortable, inexpensive (about 1/2 the cost of mtb gloves) and can be purchased anywhere. My Mechanix gloves usally get tossed due to smell rather than falling apart. I've not found a pair of mountain biking gloves that I can say the same about.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
fox gloves are the best I've owned so far, they've got me hooked (basic black on black, no flash).

as for current trends and styles these days, I just can't get into the whole asymmetric-swirly-spotty designs that seem to be dominating the markets. I got a sombrio jersey for 15 bucks on chainlove, but I feel silly when I wear it.

Oh well, these lil emo kids in skinny leg jeans just make me laugh now, i kinda get the feeling that they're not really punk rocking heroin addicts.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
When those fall apart...

FloridaFish said:
fox gloves are the best I've owned so far, they've got me hooked (basic black on black, no flash).
When those fall apart, these will set you back $15 and last until your SO makes you throw them away: http://www.mechanix.com/us/#/motorsports/gloves/?original?original

Regarding style: It's cycling ferchristssake. We all look like dorks to people who don't ride. There's no such thing as "fashion" in cycling.

·
Old man on a bike
12,383 Posts
Oh, and I forgot to mention, it's overpriced crap. Their shorts are worthless (have tried twice trying to be fair), have had their gloves fall apart like Ken; I do have one old t-shirt I got for free at Interbike. I don't believe in buying stuff just to wear a logo, but Fox obviously has this down, to have a whole wardrobe of it....wow. While the two Fox companies may be separately run, the Fox family is still behind both, not that that matters. I do like their shocks/forks, though.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Well, I hate all the new Fox casual clothing. All their logos seem to be attempting to be retro 70s, its like they can't make their own style so their bastardizing something that is 30 years old...In fact all of the skater/moto brands are doing that now.

As for rider gear, I've had some pretty good luck. The few parts of short I own are holding up well and their comfortable. The jerseys are...jerseys. But every pair of fox gloves I've had don't hold up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I suggest we start a thread in every category on this message board. Its very important people know that fox clothing's styling is no longer cool!!

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
I think every forum needs a thread asking the question that never seems to get answered:

"Join date: Today

HEY, HAS NE1 HEARD OF MOTOBECANE? THEY SOUND LIKE A GREAT BRAND. DOESN'T NE1 NO HOW THEY DO IT?"
go ahead and throw Sette into that bag of $hit too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts