Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody please enlighten me here...

Honestly, I like to believe I care about access and our trails. Cripes, I even bust butt fixing them, but this crap today takes the cake!

Riding up around HWY 108, above Mi-Wuk. Ranger starts going into "No motor vehicle use on trails..."

My reply, "..it's a bike, no motor, and technically this is on private property, I only rode about 5 yards through there."

Ok, let's see what he comes back with, pause and try not to look or sound threatening...

'I said no motor vehicle use..."

Again I reply, "..a mountian bike." :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

Here it gets really stupid, he keeps going on, I gotta point out I was just in the station at Mi-Wuk, and there's even a picture of a mountain biker on their wall, the sites that are in the AAA tourbook, on Reserve USA, hec probably 99% of the campsite info out there list biking as an activity.

Ok, maybe I overloaded on oxygen, due to my body being accustomed to breathing a certain amount of SMOG, but correct me here, is this or is this not complete and total boolshite!!

I turned my back and went along my way, honestly, where would things have really gone anyhow.

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
You should have asked him

to point out your "motor". I'd love to see how he responded.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mountainboat, up just past mi-Wuk. Started a conversation with te guy to find out local info.

As far as pointing out my motor, I almost went there, but when I thought of including the "well then this must be my tailpipe" I had to walk away before the situation before it got any dumber.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I at least owe this post a final visit after a phone call earlier.

Apparently, the Ranger was trying to start polite conversation, and visit with us. He wasn't trying to be a tool. Apparently there's been some locals poaching and digging up there, ladders, etc, in the National Forest, and he was under either the impression I might be one of 'em, or that since it's our friends property, we might be willing to help out. Either way, all seems cool, although everyone knows my thoughts as far as the access issue.

I apologise for any officials who have read this and gotten the wrong picture, and I apologise for taking things wrong.

Let's all admit though, people need to choose their words and actions carefully. I for one am glad I didn't get confrontational like I would've when younger.

Cool? :thumbsup:

·
Paper or plastic?
10,686 Posts
What happened? Your new ranger friend reads MTBR and called you on it?

BTW, any way you can point us to those infamous ladders offline? j/k. :)

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
MTBs are deemed "mechanical"

when it comes to most land access policies (USFS). Next time say this isnt motorized its a mechanical human powered vehicle..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.