Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has already happened once before and I had to get it fixed. My front derailleur starts to rub the chain on my 08 Hard Rock Sport. Basically, I use the bike to commute on a paved path; ocassionally I'll venture on to a gravel path that runs along the paved path. Every once in a while I'll slowly drop off a curb. I just had it tuned when it started to get nice out. I had a old Royce Union that I abused on trails and this never happened. I'm just a little concerned what might happen to my Specialized if I bring it to an even easy-ish trail. Any ideas why this is happening?
TIA

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
Do not worry about taking your Hardrock out on a trail. The frame is tough, and it should easily handle cross-country trails.

Here's a link that might help, to some instructions for adjusting front deraillers:

http://parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=75

You also might be able to find some good, how-to videos on Youtube.

What gears are you in when you hear the chain rubbing? Sometimes it can be difficult to accommodate the extremes, like when the chain goes from the extreme small front chainring to the extreme small rear cog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.