Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To any dakine hydration pack owners out there.

This may be a stupid question but I just got my new dakine nomad in the mail and the bladder is not sealed at the very top for about half an inch so when I bend over with it on water poors out. Now is this a defect or is that hole supposed to let air in or something because its a pain in the arse if it is!

·
Registered
227 Posts
defective- has to be. contact dakine CS, they are really good about replacing stuff. they replaced my gloves when they got holes on the thumbs(kinda strange) no questions asked. they also sent me 2 replacement bite valves when one broke. good company, I recomend their bike and snowboard stuff.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thanks guys,

I rang the aus dealer and am sending it back tommorrow. The pack is rad but got a bit of a shock when I filled it up and the bent over and got covered in water.

Im glad I have another bladder otherwise I'd be really pissed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stabSupreme111 said:
Man, accidental pun. Semi off topic for your interest: my flatmate actually has two bladders (real person bladders not plastic ones), its a rare medical condition. And no ****, he does the longest wees of anyone I know.

·
UNDEAD
485 Posts
well the old ones used to have a ghetto bladder like what you described, you filled it up and ROLLED the top down like a fruit roll-up and secured it with velcro...lame
You may have gotten one of those???
Those are like 2-3 years old tho

I have the new one '06 and it's a traditonal screw top and it works great
Maybe someone pulled the 'ol switcheroo on ya?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It had a screw cap at the top and no sign of any velcro attachment just a gap at the top like the 2 sides of the bladder hadn't been sealed properly.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
I think the new bladders are made by Nalgene... ? but I could be wrong....

and sounds like you got the new version with the liquid-to-body intercooler vent for those long climbs... haha j/k. defective seam or something...

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
snow-man said:
well the old ones used to have a ghetto bladder like what you described, you filled it up and ROLLED the top down like a fruit roll-up and secured it with velcro...lame
You may have gotten one of those???
Those are like 2-3 years old tho
I used to have on old Blackburn pack years ago that had the roll up top. It actually worked quite well but I woudn't trade it for my modern camel back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.