Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently converted my old 26" HT to singlespeed. I don't ride it often -- pretty much just on one of my easier, local trails that I only ride when the weather is sloppy. When I needed new tires, I headed to my local Performance and bought the cheapest 26" tires they had: WTB Wolverines. I run tubes on this bike so I didn't much care about anything but price.

I love 'em!

My main bike, a Yeti ASR-5, is running tubeless on Stan's Crest rims with Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires. I like the Wolverines so much I'm thinking of buying a set for the ASR when the Schwalbes wear out. I see they make a tubeless version of the Wolverine (Specifically, the 2.2 26" AM TCS). Anyone have any experience with how well these work tubeless with the Crest rims?

·
Premium Member
5,523 Posts
Wolverines perform way better on loose stuff than their tread suggests. Before scrapping them, drop your pressures down to the high 20s. I am 230 and ran mine at 30 front and 34 rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so please forgive the typos that occur when typing with two fingers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm running the Wolverine 1.9 UST on a Mavic UST rim, with a little rim cement and no sealant, no issues at all. Aired up with the floor pump. And yes, no issues with traction!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts