Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No excuses. I run old school equipment. I've ALWAYS run WTB Velociraptor tires front and rear on my Eastern Woods Research Original Woods Bike frame. 2.1's fr/rear.
(Well, except WAY back in the day when I ran Panaracer Dart/Smoke combo!...Man, I wish that Dart SC 2.2 front tire was still around!)

Anyway, I wanted to try something new and I am going to run a 2.3 Weirwolf in the front and a 2.1 Weirwolf in the back for hardcore trail riding (tight, twisty, rocky, rooty...here in Eastern PA). I have tire clearance issues with the frame. Otherwise I'd love to run a 2.5 fr and 2.3 rear combo.

May be a stupid question but I've always run my Velociraptors with the rear tire in the "reverse" or more "paddle" direction.

What way would you all run a Weirwolf as a rear tire? I'd assume that they should be run in the "foreward" position, kind of like the direction that the tread points. But, they look like they'd climb better, yet maybe not corner better if run in a "reverse" direction.

Thanks!

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry. Should've read the post by Studer back in Oct.

Did a quick search and found the post.
Am going to try them both forward facing and see how I like it. Can always reverse it later. AND...like one guy mention on the October post...I can always slap another Velociraptor on the rear like he did!

Thanks!

(As I head out to the garage to put it on...)
Set the bike up as a 1 X 9 tonight also!
New Cane Creek Direct Curve 5 brakes fr/r also!
New grips...
Can't decide. Serfas or Big Cheese grips.
I run Grip Shift XO so one side'll be long with no front shifter and one cut of short Grip Shift stylee!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.