Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with their WTB saddles (specifically the Volt) making noise from the underside of the saddle. The noise emanates from from plastic molding where it makes a cracking/popping sound. I can push on the saddle and it makes the noise, although it is not as pronounced as when I am seated and riding. This is the second WTB Volt saddle I have had this issue with. The previous versions of the Volt saddle were fine. I have tightened the small bolts under the seat which run around the perimeter of the saddle which seemed to help a little. I was just wondering if anyone has had issues with theirs as well.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
I’ve experienced this phenomena as well, then I washed out real bad in a turn two weeks ago and turned the rails of that volt race into something more closely resembling a modern art piece. I’ve since purchased another and it doesn’t seem as noisy... yet...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the Volt saddle...great fit and light. I'm going to lube where the rails run up and into the plastic molding under the saddle (thanks Carpetbomber!). I think that is exactly where the noise is coming from. Thanks guys, I'll circle back and let you know if it worked. Rubber side down.

·
Magically Delicious
11,587 Posts
Over the years, I have experienced multiple creaking/squeaking saddles. I have successfully silenced them, but only temporarily. I have tried silicone spray and liquid drops, Tri-Flow, chain lube, gear oil etc. While all of these have worked, they were all temporary. Once the lubrication intervals increased to being a hassle, I would replace the saddle. I have a decent collection of retired saddles hanging on the garage wall.

·
Magically Delicious
11,587 Posts
^^^^ We must be talking about different origins of this creaking. I am speaking of where the seat rails go into the saddle, not at the seat post.

I make this assumption because there would be no practical way to get marine grease into the location I speak of.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts