Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to a WTB product development guy. The "revised" Nano should be available in roughly 30 days. It will have a Aramid bead which is said to be better (stronger?) than Kevlar or fiberglass.

The BIG NEWS is the EXI Wolf which is a 2.3 wide tire. These will be available within 90 days. Yee Haw!

James
:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Aramid - Kevlar?

I thought Kevlar was just DuPont's brand name of Aramid, am I wrong?

Question for the board? will some of you active participants of the boad be able to get a set of the tires and test for the previous problems before us Lurkers/ Newbies/ Wanabies are able to get them?

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Thanks for that latest highrustler!
Actually, looking at tire specs on themudzone.com , it appears that real 2.3" casings are very rare, even amongst 2.5"+ tires. If WTB would made a tire that's 10% wider than their Nano 2.1", they could get away with calling it a 2.5" easily.
I'll second the wish, though, the wider the casing, the better. Will be great for some cautious 30" DH bike tests....

My bikes also very much look forward to the revied Nano's. I was unaware of the stickier rubber they've been using for 2004, guess they can be even better than what I've been enjoying so far. Last saturday as the SS Worlds in Berlin, Nano f+r was a popular choice, and was also used by yours truly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts