Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, sorry for the SPAM.

Just wondering if anyone on the norcal board has spare Thomson Stem & Seatpost they want to get rid of. I'm looking to buy the following:

- Thomson Elite MTB Stem 100mm 5 deg (need Qty. 1 - silver or black)
- Thomson Elite MTB straight Seatpost 27.2 x 330mm (410mm should work as well, and need Qty. 2 of them - silver or black)

Thanks,

Sung (aka sungchang)

·
Paper or plastic?
10,593 Posts
sungchang said:
Hey folks, sorry for the SPAM.

Just wondering if anyone on the norcal board has spare Thomson Stem & Seatpost they want to get rid of. I'm looking to buy the following:

- Thomson Elite MTB Stem 100mm 5 deg (need Qty. 1 - silver or black)
- Thomson Elite MTB Seatpost 27.2 x 330mm (410mm should work as well, and need Qty. 2 of them - silver or black)

Thanks,

Sung (aka sungchang)
I got a 27.2 straight Thomson seatpost. E-mail me.

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
sungchang said:
Sent you a PM.

edit: Thanks to Zorg, now I'm down to wanting to buy 1 stem and 1 seatpost.
me have stem but it is 0 deg

Sean

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
grrrah said:
I have a 100mm black stem. but its not for sale, just trade. If someone wants to sell a 110mm, we can work a 3-way :skep:
and do I hear a 130mm stem:D

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm TRADE...that's a great concept. Since I will be swapping over my frame from RX to ML, I will have Thomson 31.6 x 330 mm straight seatpost (black) (I think that's what is on RX) that I could trade for Thomson 27.2 x 330 mm (black or silver) as well.

If you don't want to trade, I can also buy it outright.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stripes said:
Sounds like you got yer motolites :D
Yup, 3 new ML for norcal. A friend of mine is replacing his SC Blur. Another friend is going big with his first real bike. And I'm going to replace my RX. I'm still not sure if I was sane when I made the decision :eekster:

I had the shop cut the steer tube...photo courtesy of BikerBob.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Now yer talking, Sung!

I have a 410mm straight Thomson post 27.2 (black). I would trade for a 31.6 for my new Fuel... as long as 330 is long enough. I'll check tomorrow.

You may have your second Thomson post!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blue Shorts said:
Now yer talking, Sung!

I have a 410mm straight Thomson post 27.2 (black). I would trade for a 31.6 for my new Fuel... as long as 330 is long enough. I'll check tomorrow.

You may have your second Thomson post!
Awesome! I think I might actually have one in between 330 - 410. I think one of them was cut down from 410... if you need a longer one, that might work. I will also check the exact length and post it here.

Now I just need to find someone with stem...

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
sungchang said:
Awesome! I think I might actually have one in between 330 - 410. I think one of them was cut down from 410... if you need a longer one, that might work. I will also check the exact length and post it here.

Now I just need to find someone with stem...
I'll measure the post when I get back from demo, today. I'll probably need something around 350mm or longer. As long as your post is in good shape and long enough..... we got a deal.

It is black, isn't it? My Thomson is black.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
375mm

Blue Shorts said:
I'll measure the post when I get back from demo, today. I'll probably need something around 350mm or longer. As long as your post is in good shape and long enough..... we got a deal.

It is black, isn't it? My Thomson is black.
Sung. if your 31.6 post is 375 or longer.... we're set.

Let me know.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Blue Shorts said:
Sung. if your 31.6 post is 375 or longer.... we're set.

Let me know.
I think they are very close. The one on my RX is 31.6 x 367. The one on my Klein was 410, but cut down to somewhere around 360...my RX is slightly longer. And both of them are black. Let me know if 367 works.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
sungchang said:
I think they are very close. The one on my RX is 31.6 x 367. The one on my Klein was 410, but cut down to somewhere around 360...my RX is slightly longer. And both of them are black. Let me know if 367 works.
367 might just do the trick. I'll check and get back to you later. It looks like this is gonna work out :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.