Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a new to me Iron Horse Warrior 6.0 which happens to have a pretty well bent rear wheel. I want to replace this, but I am completely lost when it comes to the wheel choices out there.

I weight about 220lbs and ride all trail with small rock gardens, some drops offs, and things like that. What would be a decent replacement for this that isnt going to break the bank. I dont feel like paying more for a set of wheels than I did for the whole bike just yet as I am still learning and building rider skill. Also, do I have to replace both front and rear and the cassette/disk brake as well or can I just swap the cassette/disk brake over to the new rim?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The existing cassette and such should transfer over just fine right? I think I need a tool for this, but I am not sure which one is needed to remove the cassette, could you point me in the right direction for my bike?

Lastly, do I need to swap out both front and rear or will it track just fine with different wheels and I can just replace the front if I want to later on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.