Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 4 years, I've had a WTB stem sitting in my parts box. It was a freebie when I purchased a suspension fork, but has gone unused as the fork was a 1" steerer and the stem 1 1/8". I've seen some others show up on eBay recently, but they all had a one-piece, non removable face design. As you can see below, this has a "unique" early removable face design. Anyone have any info about when this was made?

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
WTB Powerband Stem

beaker said:
For about 4 years, I've had a WTB stem sitting in my parts box. It was a freebie when I purchased a suspension fork, but has gone unused as the fork was a 1" steerer and the stem 1 1/8". I've seen some others show up on eBay recently, but they all had a one-piece, non removable face design. As you can see below, this has a "unique" early removable face design. Anyone have any info about when this was made?
The triumvirates second try at a stem. The powerband was manufactured specificly for the Phoenix frames (approx 1992 - 1998?).

This stem is not to be confused with the taper stem which never saw mass production because of lack of funding

victorthewombat

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
victorthewombat said:
The triumvirates second try at a stem. The powerband was manufactured specificly for the Phoenix frames (approx 1992 - 1998?).

This stem is not to be confused with the taper stem which never saw mass production because of lack of funding

victorthewombat
That's pretty cool looking. Was there a WTB bar where the logo lined up with the cutout at the front of the stem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts