Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
taste death, live life.
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently uncovered a set front and rear WTB Speedmaster cantilever brakes that are missing the retention springs and associated hardware.

If you have some spares kicking around, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
The missing parts are probably sending you a message that you really don't want to install and use the brakes. Those versions were notorious for not holding their set in relation to pad adjustment. They blue band would creep on the arm no matter how tight you got them.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
ssmike said:
The missing parts are probably sending you a message that you really don't want to install and use the brakes. Those versions were notorious for not holding their set in relation to pad adjustment. They blue band would creep on the arm no matter how tight you got them.
I agree they really Suck..

Unless you just Love to work on your brakes everyday, if that is the case you will Love them, Only a set of old Crafton Speed controlers will make you even Happier.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
ssmike said:
I wonder if Loctite would fix that.

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
I believe those brakes were sold with a number of names on them and if so I have the springs from a set I have lying on my bench in the basement. Take-offs that I didn't feel were worth listing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts