Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up for a mountain bike hut trip and need a little extra storage on my Trail Pistol.

If you want to trade or sell your larger air shock pack, please let me know. If trading I would prefer a black or solid color.

I have a the smaller coil shock bag in black.

I would like to find the larger air shock pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I just signed up for a mountain bike hut trip and need a little extra storage on my Trail Pistol.

If you want to trade or sell your larger air shock pack, please let me know. If trading I would prefer a black or solid color.

Good luck scouring.

If you come up short, I have a small TT bag that you're welcome to borrow (fits at TT/St junction on a Medium FS, pictured in your TP bikepacking thread). It will give you that extra space of an air shock bag over the coil; enough for a tool kit, first aid kit or maybe both.

But honestly, off-shelf TT bag options are plentiful, relatively inexpensive and useful for all kind of outings. You could also easily rig something below the downtube. I think I've seen some off-shelf solution for that(?). If you pack a tube down there, be sure it's wrapped up pretty well for rock strikes.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
I think I've seen some off-shelf solution for that(?). If you pack a tube down there, be sure it's wrapped up pretty well for rock strikes.

Bag shown above is a cutom Porcelain Rocket bag on my Knolly, but the link below is for a similar production bag you can buy. The nice thing with these bags is they'll fit any bike so you can move them around as needed. They also protect the DT from rocks which is helpful if you ride in rocky terrain.

https://roguepanda.com/shop/oracle-downtube-bag/

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

Bag shown above is a cutom Porcelain Rocket bag on my Knolly, but the link below is for a similar production bag you can buy. The nice thing with these bags is they'll fit any bike so you can move them around as needed. They also protect the DT from rocks which is helpful if you ride in rocky terrain.

https://roguepanda.com/shop/oracle-downtube-bag/
Thanks, Vik.

Don't let your NUTS sack gather dust... If gunderted doesn't want or need the one you have lying around, I will gladly take either a coil or air version, don't care what color. PayPal.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Thanks, Vik.

Don't let your NUTS sack gather dust... If gunderted doesn't want or need the one you have lying around, I will gladly take either a coil or air version, don't care what color. PayPal.
Sorry I love my NUTSack. ;)

I always have it on my Smash loaded with tools/tube/pump/etc.. Then I carry two bottles on top of that...in the depth of summer anyways.

The NUTSack + 2 bottles is one of the features of my Smash I love the most. My back doesn't remember what riding with a pack feels like. ;)

The under the DT bag is for other bikes that don't have space inside the frame for a bag plus a bottle.

·
Registered
137 Posts

OP did you manage to find a bag? I am looking for a small defiant pack to fit my megatrail.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
OP did you manage to find a bag? I am looking for a small defiant pack to fit my megatrail.

Sorry I can't help with a Defiant Bag, but we fit a Wolftooth Roll Bag to my GF's Smash [Size 2] and she likes it. This is the larger 1.1L bag and they have a smaller 0.6L version as well.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/bags/products/b-rad-roll-top-bag

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/bags/products/b-rad-mini-roll-top-bag

I figured I'd mention it since the WT bags are available unlike the Defiant bags. If you still really want a Defiant bag you could get most bikepacking bag makers to build one. Just send them a photo of what you are after and a tracing from that part of your frame.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Sorry I can't help with a Defiant Bag, but we fit a Wolftooth Roll Bag to my GF's Smash [Size 2] and she likes it. This is the larger 1.1L bag and they have a smaller 0.6L version as well.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/bags/products/b-rad-roll-top-bag

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/bags/products/b-rad-mini-roll-top-bag

I figured I'd mention it since the WT bags are available unlike the Defiant bags. If you still really want a Defiant bag you could get most bikepacking bag makers to build one. Just send them a photo of what you are after and a tracing from that part of your frame.
Thanks, yes I have my eye on a wolftooth or speedsleeve. Just thought I would try to find a defiant pack.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was able to trade someone that wanted the smaller pack. I have the larger pack on my trail pistol with an 11-6 shock. My girlfriend has the smaller on a shred dog with a rs super deluxe. Both are great. The only issue with the large is if it’s not full stuff rattles around. It was great for my bike packing hut trip but it’s big for normal rides. I find myself stuff it things like rubber gloves to keep things from rattling. Also .. the bags not waterproof. The zipper doesn’t seal the bag. It is water resistant at best. I’ve never had an issue, but if you truly need waterproofing just be aware.

·
always licking the glass
4,037 Posts
I was able to trade someone that wanted the smaller pack. I have the larger pack on my trail pistol with an 11-6 shock. My girlfriend has the smaller on a shred dog with a rs super deluxe. Both are great. The only issue with the large is if it's not full stuff rattles around. It was great for my bike packing hut trip but it's big for normal rides. I find myself stuff it things like rubber gloves to keep things from rattling. Also .. the bags not waterproof. The zipper doesn't seal the bag. It is water resistant at best. I've never had an issue, but if you truly need waterproofing just be aware.
That's amazing to hear. Those Defiant bags are like gold now, now that Defiant is no longer around. There's a guy out of Evergreen, CO who will make custom bags for GG bikes, and at a pretty reasonable price. He has the sizing for size 2 and 3 Revved frames, but he could easily make one for the old AL frames if you need in the future. Hit me up if you need his contact info.

I'm getting a list of frame storage bag makers together to make it easier for people. There's always a strong demand for this since the original NUTsack (RIP Defiant), so lemme know if you have a preferred company or product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.