Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new rear wheel for my 100x from Mike at www.oddsandendos.com and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cassette lockring doesn't rub on the deraileur hanger bolt like it did on my AM Classic disc hub..... especially since these are basically the same hub.

I went with a totally new wheel because my cassette body and/or hub was going on my old one and Am Classic wanted $100 for a new cassette body which I wasn't sure would fix the problem.... and mike did a whole new custom built wheel (Velocity VXC rim, DT super comp spokes) for $200. I knew that would fix the problem. Light, straight, and strong. I'm diggin' it.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
KRob said:
I just got a new rear wheel for my 100x from Mike at www.oddsandendos.com and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cassette lockring doesn't rub on the deraileur hanger bolt like it did on my AM Classic disc hub..... especially since these are basically the same hub.

I went with a totally new wheel because my cassette body and/or hub was going on my old one and Am Classic wanted $100 for a new cassette body which I wasn't sure would fix the problem.... and mike did a whole new custom built wheel (Velocity VXC rim, DT super comp spokes) for $200. I knew that would fix the problem. Light, straight, and strong. I'm diggin' it.
Mike built my wheels as well. Great build and he got them to me within a few weeks. I also like the fact that he charges one flat rate for the wheels, shipping, etc. How do you like your Racer X 100 btw? I have one on the way. Do you have the RP3 on yours?

·
Registered
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jsnk1975 said:
How do you like your Racer X 100 btw? I have one on the way. Do you have the RP3 on yours?
Mines actually a Hammerhead 100X. Pretty much the same difference other than a bit beefier build and some differences in sizing. I like it alot. I've had it over 3.5 years and it still puts a smile on my face. The frame is still rock solid, no slop in the pivots, etc. I just keep hanging new parts on it as they wear out or I get the upgraditis bug. Mine has an '02 Fox Float R shock with and AVA sleave and PUSH mods added in July '04. Nice shock, although it's due for servicing and I understand PUSH has some better valving for the Float now which I'll get at the same time.

Enjoy the new bike. Even with all the new bikes out there these days, this one is still hard to beat for its intended purpose... Carving sinlgetrack with precision and speed while still offering pretty respectable all-day comfort and trail bike worthy toughness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts