Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a wheelset built up with wtb laser disc lite hubs. i know they are made by am classic and i know their reputation. i'm trying to keep an eye on the bearings and not let them get out of hand. Does anyone know who and what kind of bearings to replace? Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
mpap89 said:
so i got a wheelset built up with wtb laser disc lite hubs. i know they are made by am classic and i know their reputation. i'm trying to keep an eye on the bearings and not let them get out of hand. Does anyone know who and what kind of bearings to replace? Thanks
Michael
They are 6802 bearings, there are two in the front and four in the rear (two in the freehub and two on the axle). The bearings themselves should be fairly cheap, but labour to get them replaced can be a little costly.

·
Tech geek and racerboy
651 Posts
WTB sells the bearings to shops directly. I'm not sure if they're available elsewhere; I haven't found them from other distributors. A bearing replacement set should cost you about $15 for the bearings (set of 2), maybe $30-40 for a new freehub (incl 2 bearings). With the correct bearing press/puller, labour shouldn't be that much, maybe $20 or so. You can improvise the press with washers and a threaded axle, but it's much easier to use a real bearing press.

·
information leafblower
244 Posts
it's not that hard

I just replaced those in a WTB laser lite hub, took about five minutes - there are instructions on the forum somewhere.

In terms of bearing sources if you're in Australia/New Zealand try www.diymtb.com.au or if you're in the US/elsewhere www.enduroforkseals.com - they might even be able to help you out with a ceramic upgrade....

mine are now buttery smooth, better than stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.