Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This baby pretty much self destructed on my today at Whistler. It got really noisy then turned my bike into a fixed gear! I managed to sneak in a few afternoon runs with no chain but it pretty much wrecked my day. Anyone else have problems with their WTB hubs?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update to the above post:
I took the cassette off, removed the seal and found that WTB only installed 1 of the 6 pawls that should be in there. The jamming was caused by a broken tooth gettting stuck in the lone pawl causing it to bind up. The 5 ghost pawls definitely didn't fall out or get mashed up inside, the seal was fully intact and the grease was clean and green.
So far WTB has been great and are sending me replacement parts but I'll hold back on my judgement until I get the parts. It seemed to me like they knew that they had some bad hubs out there because I had no trouble at all convincing them of the problem. The only problem that I had was getting ahold of them. After no reply to one e-mail and two voice messages I had the WTB receptionist page the warranty guy for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts