Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a clean, well maintained Element 2005-2009 w/less than 150k miles. I'd prefer a manual, but would do an auto if the right vehicle came around.

Thinking of selling yours or know of someone who wants to?
Shoot me a PM or email direct: [email protected]

I'm located in Montrose so, the closer, the better. My budget is capped at about $8k.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Honda Element

I'm looking for a clean, well maintained Element 2005-2009 w/less than 150k miles. I'd prefer a manual, but would do an auto if the right vehicle came around.

Thinking of selling yours or know of someone who wants to?
Shoot me a PM or email direct: [email protected]

I'm located in Montrose so, the closer, the better. My budget is capped at about $8k.
Just saw this on Facebook Marketplace:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2735226296549310/

Good luck on your search, we love ours.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
To each his (or her) own, but I've always wondered why someone would go with an Element over a 4Runner. MPG might be a little better, but it isn't exactly stellar. No offroad capability with the Element, and the cargo area with seats down is smaller than a 4Runner. I had several 3rd gen 4Runners and camped in them all of the time. Throw an air mattress in and you are ready to go. Carried two bikes inside easily. Awesome off road. The problem now is that manual 4Runners are like gold. They quit making them in 2000, and the ones left are stupidly expensive. Manual Xterras are still plentiful and cheap, but not as comfortable to sleep in.

If you are going to camp in an automatic AWD (not 4x4) vehicle, it seems like you might as well get an AWD Toyota Sienna for less money.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
To each his (or her) own, but I've always wondered why someone would go with an Element over a 4Runner. MPG might be a little better, but it isn't exactly stellar. No offroad capability with the Element, and the cargo area with seats down is smaller than a 4Runner. I had several 3rd gen 4Runners and camped in them all of the time. Throw an air mattress in and you are ready to go. Carried two bikes inside easily. Awesome off road. The problem now is that manual 4Runners are like gold. They quit making them in 2000, and the ones left are stupidly expensive. Manual Xterras are still plentiful and cheap, but not as comfortable to sleep in.

If you are going to camp in an automatic AWD (not 4x4) vehicle, it seems like you might as well get an AWD Toyota Sienna for less money.
As you say, to each their own. I didn't read WHY the OP was wanting an Element but you sure gave an exhaustive list of what YOU are looking for in a vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.