Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see a WTB section in the classifieds, so I hope this ok to post. I was wondering if anyone was selling a HT in the Phoenix metro area. I bought a great Felt F1(road) off craigslist and I thought I would take a shot for a mountain bike here. If you have a nice bike you want to sell (looking at the Cannondale F600 and Trek 8000) please let me know.

Just want to see what is out there in the used market before I hit the LBS.

Thanks,

Dan

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
az fc fan said:
I didn't see a WTB section in the classifieds, so I hope this ok to post. I was wondering if anyone was selling a HT in the Phoenix metro area. I bought a great Felt F1(road) off craigslist and I thought I would take a shot for a mountain bike here. If you have a nice bike you want to sell (looking at the Cannondale F600 and Trek 8000) please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan
You should be able to find lots of options in the Classifieds or on eBay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an extra Cannondale HT

az fc fan said:

Thanks,

Dan
I have an extra Cannondale F800 (Lefty DLR XT Hayes) in good shape. The size is extra large. We moved and I don't have room to store any more. Send me a note if you have any interest.

·
No Clue Crew
7,636 Posts
Not sure how much you're looking to spend, but I've got a Raleigh M80 (I believe) HT with a Manitou front fork and a good Shimano component group I'd sell really cheap as it's just taking up space. Mostly stock, good condition, 17-inch frame. I'm in North Scottsdale. You're welcome to give a shout for more info: [email protected]
dion

·
Registered
527 Posts
az fc fan said:

Thanks,

Dan
My room mate has a cannondale that has been hangin around my garage fer a while. It is a small frame, he is around 5' 7"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone that has responded. I'm 6'0 with a 31" inseam. I run around 198 but I won't be for long. I would imagine that I would need around a 17"-17.5" frame. I was hoping to spend around $700 but if you have something special I can raise the budget.

As far as interesting trades, I actually have a KGB/KT100 racing kart (the real deal, not a Checker special). Brand new they run $3000-3500, I would base trade value around $1300.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Size it up.

az fc fan said:
I'm 6'0 with a 31" inseam. I run around 198 but I won't be for long. I would imagine that I would need around a 17"-17.5" frame.
I'm roughly the same size as you and I ride a 19" frame so 17" is probably too small.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have a Trek Liquid thats a 17" frame. I'm 5'10" 195lbs. Its a decent adjustable travel 3-5" bike... its no Turner or Santa Cruz, but it gets the job done. If you'd like to take it for a ride, let me know and I'll bring it out.

Blatant said:
I'm 6'2" and ride a 17-inch frame, though I do tend to favor smaller frames.
d

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Karts are cool, just not my thing. If you'd like to check out the 'collection', let me know... I counted last night and there are 11 bikes in my garage (some frames, some complete).

az fc fan said:
Thanks to everyone that has responded. I'm 6'0 with a 31" inseam. I run around 198 but I won't be for long. I would imagine that I would need around a 17"-17.5" frame. I was hoping to spend around $700 but if you have something special I can raise the budget.

As far as interesting trades, I actually have a KGB/KT100 racing kart (the real deal, not a Checker special). Brand new they run $3000-3500, I would base trade value around $1300.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
I'm considering selling a 05 TREK 8500. It's a 17.5 frame and has 400 miles on it currently. I'm a big guy and just can't seem to get comfortable on the bike. I think it's more me then the bike but either way I it's not that fun after 10 miles even on pavement.

If you are interested feel free to email me, [email protected].

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Its a Liquid 20, all LX stuff is now XT, all Bontrager Select stuff is now Race. King headset, Easton CF riser bars, WTB Speed V seat. I've also replaced the stock 'red' spring for the 'black' spring in the fork (180lbs+).

The bike weighs in at about 30-31lbs. I'm in N. Phoenix.

az fc fan said:
Funboarder,

What year is your Liquid? 10/20/30? Any upgrades? Where are you located?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone on here have experience with Titus? I know they are over on the east side...I was reading reviews on the Riddler and the Loco Moto (FS). I don't think those models are in production anymore. Has anyone here tried one?

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
I dont know if you would be interested in a single speed...I have a 17.5" Bianchi CUSS w/ Marzocchi fork that I'm considering selling since my Sycip Single Speed just arrived. The bike is in excellent shape and wont break the bank...

·
Registered
182 Posts
funboarder1971 said:
How tall are you? I have a couple of frames I'm thinking about parting with. Klein Attitude, Trek 6000, Cannondale Super V or a Trek Liquid. Interesting trades are alway considered.
Fun 71, what size is the Klein? I'm looking to build up a bike for a buddy of mine. I'm guessing he needs a 18-19" frame. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
i believe its a medium (17-18"). i'd have to actually measure it to be sure though. it will fit me, as i am 5'10" with a 30" inseam. it has a fairly long top tube, similar to a genesis geometry fisher.

bear in mind that this klein is most likely a trek built frame. it does not have internal cable routing, but it does have the 'built in chehalis' decal on it. if you're still interested, pm or email me.

i'm going to put a lot of this stuff on ebay/mtbr pretty soon.

kcaz said:
Fun 71, what size is the Klein? I'm looking to build up a bike for a buddy of mine. I'm guessing he needs a 18-19" frame. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
funboarder1971 said:
i believe its a medium (17-18"). i'd have to actually measure it to be sure though. it will fit me, as i am 5'10" with a 30" inseam. it has a fairly long top tube, similar to a genesis geometry fisher.
As the previous owner, I can attest to the fact that it is a MEDIUM, most like an 18" frame...awesome bike...

DHF

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.