Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have an 08 Fox G2 100mm travel fork off a Fisher HiFi Pro - just about brand new - no more than 5 short rides on it. I was saving it for a project, but it looks like that fell through - PM me and I'll consider selling it.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
I wonder...
In the year 2008, if you have a G2 Fisher bike, and you're selling off the fork, what are you going to put in the frame? Or, who's going to take the frame from you without the fork?
G2 frame and fork are about as incompatible with non-G2 counterparts as it gets.

I can find several uses for a G2 fork in a non-G2 bike, but the other way around...

Thanks for enlightening me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry, this probably won't be as "enlightening" as you are hoping for...

Basically, a buddy who works at our local shop bought the Hi-Fi. He rides it twice, immediately decides he wants something different. He makes a really half-hearted attempt to sell it, unsuccessfully, then offers to "part it out" and sell it that way. A guy who we know through the shop already had a Reba 29 fork, and decided he wanted to buy just the frame and build it up with parts he had. We warned him about the G2 offset incompatibility issue(s), but he decided to try it anyway because he already had it. Long story short, he LOVES it. Definitely no problems for him. Now he has no experience riding a G2 bike set up properly, but he rips on his new bike.

His bike is 2 sizes too small for me, so it feels really weird when I ride it, but it's hard to tell if the weirdness is due to the fork or just the frame size.

That's the story. I should've made something up about being a prototype tester for a Rockshox Pike 29er Maxle custom offset fork that nobody has heard of yet. But that would've just been mean.

·
Tree Hugger
286 Posts
Cloxxki said:
G2 frame and fork are about as incompatible with non-G2 counterparts as it gets.

I can find several uses for a G2 fork in a non-G2 bike, but the other way around...

Thanks for enlightening me.
I don't know that they are that incompatible. If they were then Fisher probably wouldn't offer the lowest priced HiFi with a Reba instead of the Fox.

I used a HiFi frame with the standard Reba and it worked just fine.

I haven't ridden one with a G2 fork, so maybe that's better, but I liked it just fine with the regular Reba.

~R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.