Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a dh frame from the 90's. an overbuilt pig that can take a 3" rear tire. you know the one you wouldnt be caught dead on 10 years later. that beaten dog you have in the garage or basement. let me know what you have. the more beaten the better. one step away from broke is ok. i also need a fork like a monster t or stratos to go with it. let me know what you got.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
bighit said:
i am looking for a dh frame from the 90's. an overbuilt pig that can take a 3" rear tire. you know the one you wouldnt be caught dead on 10 years later. that beaten dog you have in the garage or basement. let me know what you have. the more beaten the better. one step away from broke is ok. i also need a fork like a monster t or stratos to go with it. let me know what you got.
Building a bike around that 3.0 gazz that you had laying around?

Hmmm, me thinks you need a 24 inch rear wheel and chrome profile cranks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I will have to take a pic when I get home. My stanchions are gold also, not black but I will measure between the legs. Fork is a beast for being 6 inches. I am intrigued by your project.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I took some pics of the Stratos, definitely will not fit a 4' tire. This fork is freakin heavy, had to go weigh it while it was off the wall and sitting at 8 pounds on the dot. 6 inch forks have come a long way.

Attachments

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
That fork looks brand new, was it ever installed?

·
mbtr member
6,499 Posts
aenema said:
I will have to take a pic when I get home.... not black but I will measure between the legs. Fork is a beast for being 6 inches. I am intrigued...
huh huh huhuhuhhhuh

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
kenbentit said:
That fork looks brand new, was it ever installed?
It was on a buddies BigHit back in the day. I sold him my 888 for dirt cheap and ended up with that as a partial trade.

I love where this thread is going, good catches by folks and an interesting project.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have a stratos s8, and have run 3 gazz on it. Im actually going to be parting out the bike, its a old ass kona stab, but it doesnt fit 3.0 in the back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts