Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 of us turned out on what proved to be a nice day. Had sun, dripping trees and fog. We worked on the new connector trail by the retention pond. This trail will connect to the one that goes down from the soccer fields in Central Park. Mostly we did finish work, turning the trail over to look for roots and other organic matter, drainage and grading. Tuesday they found an old coal mine shaft. Work on that section of trail is on hold until they determine the extent of the problem. Looks like they can route the trail around it easily. Next work days Tuesday - Saturday last week of the month.

Old mine shaft STAY AWAY, ground isn't solid

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dave_schuldt said:
Anyone been out there? Leading a ride there Sunday and would be nice to know what to expect.
I rode it today and it is in great shape. A little muddy at the top but other than that definately rideable. There are two downed trees though on the eastern section on the downhill. Nice and sunny up there today, the weird part was that the higher you went the warmer it got. :confused:

Had some ice pellets too falling out of a clear sky....:skep:

Bob

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good times today, blowdowns have skid marks on the uphill side. 2 of them on the switch backs above the RR grade near High Point. Will need chainsaw. Will send note to KC Parks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.