Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many, if any, people use the WSS V2 sealant here in the Phoenix area. So far I have never flatted and for ~ $23 for 3 quarts its a great deal. I am finding however that I can only get about 2 months out of an application before it either tumors up or pretty much dries up. I can tell when it tumors because the bike wobbles quite a bit in the stand when I spin the wheels. When I remove the tire the majority of the sealant is dried on the inside of the tire and very little liquid remains. Is 45-60 days typical?

I dont mind cleaning them out every couple months or so, regardless of the mess, because it gives me a chance to make sure my wheels are true and allows me to add fresh sealant, Im just not sure about the time frame for it to be drying up.

Oh setup is as follows.

Mavic 819 UST
Kenda Nevagal UST 2.35 front
Maxxis Crossmark UST 2.25 rear

·
Registered
998 Posts
I used WSS V1 for about 2 years. Now Ive been on V2 for about 3 months. With V1 I was able to go about 90 days without a re fill. I haven't used the V2 thru the summer yet. I don't think it matters what you use as long as it isn't straight Stan's, you still won't get very long run times here with the heat. The nice thing with WSS is the quantity that you get for the price. Also I haven't experienced the massive ball up in the tire like I did with Stan's. Mine usually just dries/evaporates and I notice more air loss in between rides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.