Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Not sure what to advise

Seems like a tough situation, but the two year window probably puts you in a bad situation. The only thing I can think of is that if you have all of your receipts (including the original receipt from the frame at time of purchase, as well as documentation of all the parts that have been swapped out to accommodate fit) you have a case in small claims court and potentially with Yeti.

Let us know how it turns out. I surely hope you get satisfactory resolution.

Bob

·
friend of preston
219 Posts
yeti size

yeti doesent put size stickers on bikes anymore. the medium should measure 19.5 inches from the center of the BB to the top of the seat collar. I assembled 2 mediums today. on the small frame you cant fit 3 fingers into the rocker brace (where the silver swingy thing is bolted to) grabbing the seat tube. PM me if you have sizing questions.

the bike is intended for a 130 to 160 mm fork.
how much sag in the rear?
sorry about the swingy thing, descriptiveness overrode lameness

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I'd say this would be an impetus to learn more about what you buy in the way of a frame next time. You did ride it for 2 years. Be like driving a car for 2 years saying I thought it had an 8 cylinder engine, but it was kind of weak on the steep hills and then when I took it to a new service shop they told me I had a 6 cylinder engine. I'm no small claims court expert but it just doesn't seem that you have much of a case when you've had such extensive use of the product that you test rode and bought willingly; maybe Yeti might want to help out with a frame priced like a crash replacement.

Have you actually ridden the medium yet? Are you sure that will make you happier? Are you using a setback seatpost and long stem already? Those might be cheaper ways of dealing with the size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.