Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pike I received today is a coil instead of an Air U-turn. :mad:

I'm so fed up ..

May be I'll keep it , don't know what to do?

What would you do if you were me?
send it back and get the air?

or keep this one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Acadian said:
where/who did you order it from.

If you had your mind set on an air fork, I would send it back and get the fork you WANTED.

...although the coil is also a great fork.
From a LBS and for a very competitive price because it was stripped from a new bike.

He shipped the wrong fork...
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,743 Posts
accident prone said:
From a LBS and for a very competitive price because it was stripped from a new bike.

He shipped the wrong fork...
Don't settle, you'll regret it. Send it back... You'll be glad you did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zorg said:
Don't settle, you'll regret it. Send it back... You'll be glad you did.
I think you're right i just needed someone to slap me in the face and tell me exactly what you said.

The fork is going back next thing tomorrow.
But the air U-turn will not be available for another 2 weeks...
I guess it's worth the wait.
 

·
carpe mañana
Joined
·
7,313 Posts
accident prone said:
I think you're right i just needed someone to slap me in the face and tell me exactly what you said.

The fork is going back next thing tomorrow.
But the air U-turn will not be available for another 2 weeks...
I guess it's worth the wait.
It is, for the ramp up at the bottom of the stroke, which coil lacks, at the very least. The lighter weight could be another.

_MK
 

·
Bike to the Bone...
Joined
·
8,281 Posts
accident prone said:
I think you're right i just needed someone to slap me in the face and tell me exactly what you said.

The fork is going back next thing tomorrow.
But the air U-turn will not be available for another 2 weeks...
I guess it's worth the wait.
Well,,, it's two weeks waiting for lot's and lot's of riding time, so it's better to wait for what you wanted (and ordered) than not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Damn!

accident prone said:
The pike I received today is a coil instead of an Air U-turn. :mad:

I'm so fed up ..

May be I'll keep it , don't know what to do?

What would you do if you were me?
send it back and get the air?

or keep this one?
Very sorry to hear that.

Think you are making the right decision
Its good to buy the one yoú really want.
I waited 3months and still think it was worth wait.

have you given the Chain reaction cycles any thought.
it has worked very well in the past.
-only down side is the garantie things if you ever have the need!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rikardo said:
Very sorry to hear that.

Think you are making the right decision
Its good to buy the one yoú really want.
I waited 3months and still think it was worth wait.

have you given the Chain reaction cycles any thought.
it has worked very well in the past.
-only down side is the garantie things if you ever have the need!
Thanks Rikardo,
yes i did contemplate CRC but I got an awesome deal and might have the same on an actual Air RS...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the right Pike arrived today but when I opened it it was leeking oil from the floodgate...

Do you think it's just transportation or should I be worried?
As soon as I puti it upside down it leeks oil. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
accident prone said:
the right Pike arrived today but when I opened it it was leeking oil from the floodgate...

Do you think it's just transportation or should I be worried?
As soon as I puti it upside down it leeks oil. :(
That should not happen. I have a pike, it never leaked any oil. I know that Fox shox tend to sweat some oil when new, but that never happened to me with RS. If you actually see oil leaking dont use it. If all you see is some oil remains then that could be because it is new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PizzaMan said:
That should not happen. I have a pike, it never leaked any oil. I know that Fox shox tend to sweat some oil when new, but that never happened to me with RS. If you actually see oil leaking dont use it. If all you see is some oil remains then that could be because it is new.
no, there is a clear leak from the floodgate side and the fork goes back in the box again, yet another one is being prepared for shipment. At first, I thought it just sweated from the journey but just laying there the thing was simply bleeding.
In short, this one goes back and another one on the way...which means more waiting for me....
 

·
Daniel the Dog
Joined
·
6,762 Posts
One thought

accident prone said:
The pike I received today is a coil instead of an Air U-turn. :mad:

I'm so fed up ..

May be I'll keep it , don't know what to do?

What would you do if you were me?
send it back and get the air?

or keep this one?
First, did you pay extra for the air? If so, I would ask for a refund. The Push guys told me they ride a coil because they rider better. Their opinion. Do you value weight? If so, I would ask for an air fork.

Jaybo

PS I love my air Revelation. Very smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jaybo said:
First, did you pay extra for the air? If so, I would ask for a refund. The Push guys told me they ride a coil because they rider better. Their opinion. Do you value weight? If so, I would ask for an air fork.

Jaybo

PS I love my air Revelation. Very smooth.
here's the deal I can have a dual air poplock for the same price as a coil version.
weight is somewhat of a concern to me, as well as the adjustibility of the dual air. That's why I dumped the coil.

O, BTW so the Push guys do answer some mails, eh?
I sent 2 and still nothing.
:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
accident prone said:
here's the deal I can have a dual air poplock for the same price as a coil version.
weight is somewhat of a concern to me, as well as the adjustibility of the dual air. That's why I dumped the coil.

O, BTW so the Push guys do answer some mails, eh?
I sent 2 and still nothing.
:confused:
Try calling Push if you have a question, Darren is great on the phone and will take the time to answer any and all of your questions...As for Email, forget about it, I tried one time too and got no answer - there is just no way they'll be able to keep up with all the "armchair inquiries" until they grow a little bigger - Push is getting a lot of hype right now. At least they still answer their phone!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top