Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
:\ ping of death
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a RaceFace Bash Guard to go on the right side of my BlackSpire Ring but I think the RF guard is not intended to be used on the outside. Or does it really matter? Its the right size for my ring (104BCD) but the description at pricepoint says "Protects your inner and middle rings and provides greater clearance for those steep drops." Does that mean this guard cant be used as an outer guard for SR setups?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
phoeneous said:
I just bought a RaceFace Bash Guard to go on the right side of my BlackSpire Ring but I think the RF guard is not intended to be used on the outside. Or does it really matter? Its the right size for my ring (104BCD) but the description at pricepoint says "Protects your inner and middle rings and provides greater clearance for those steep drops." Does that mean this guard cant be used as an outer guard for SR setups?
it means that if you are running a middle and inner ring, it will protect those (instead of the outer ring doing it).... it's a bashguard, it's fine for a single ring setup..... i have close to the same setut, just i'm uning a blackspire ring and bash....

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
No it means it replaces the outer ring and is bigger than your middle ring. all you have to do is remode the granny gear and wallah SR.

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frankenschwinn said:
No it means it replaces the outer ring and is bigger than your middle ring. all you have to do is remode the granny gear and wallah SR.
Yeah, thats what Im doing. I guess the silver grooves on the RF guard make it look non-outerguardish? If it works then it works and that works for me :p .

JBSox, can you take a pic of your setup headon? I mean like a closeup of the connection between the crank arm, guard and ring? Thx.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I use the Raceface bash guard on two bikes, yes they go on the outside. I guess you must really like Raceface products based on your avatar?
phoeneous said:
Yeah, thats what Im doing. I guess the silver grooves on the RF guard make it look non-outerguardish? If it works then it works and that works for me :p .

JBSox, can you take a pic of your setup headon? I mean like a closeup of the connection between the crank arm, guard and ring? Thx.

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its an SS, schweet. That second pic is what im looking for but can you take a shot a little more to the left. Or even better can you take a shot from the left side of your bike pointing at the ring+bash+crank arm setup? Thx.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
phoeneous said:
Its an SS, schweet. That second pic is what im looking for but can you take a shot a little more to the left. Or even better can you take a shot from the left side of your bike pointing at the ring+bash+crank arm setup? Thx.
ya fo sho.... sorry

when i said in a few minutes, iforgot about it and went to sleep....

i can get them to you after school again, lol sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.