Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

Thanks so much for having me onboard. I'm primarily a road biker but I recently got into mountain biking and love it. I'm also a writer and working on a longform narrative about Kingdom Trails.

If you've ridden the trails from their inception in the 1990s to now, and anytime in-between and have a funny, sad, crazy story to tell about it all I'd love to hear it. Perhaps you also went to NEMBA fest and have a tale to tell about that. If so please drop me a line.

Thanks for reading my note and for all replies I'm grateful.

·
i'm schralping yer thread
1,169 Posts
Hi Everyone:

Thanks so much for having me onboard. I'm primarily a road biker but I recently got into mountain biking and love it. I'm also a writer and working on a longform narrative about Kingdom Trails.

If you've ridden the trails from their inception in the 1990s to now, and anytime in-between and have a funny, sad, crazy story to tell about it all I'd love to hear it. Perhaps you also went to NEMBA fest and have a tale to tell about that. If so please drop me a line.

Thanks for reading my note and for all replies I'm grateful.
You should post this in the Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine forum.

Oh no I didn't....! :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

·
i'm schralping yer thread
1,169 Posts
Thanks. Will do.
Oh man...now I feel bad. Just making a lame joke about MTBR drama.

Seriously, the KT saga is such an interesting story that says a lot about not just the growth of mountain biking, but also how the outdoor tourism boom has affected "undiscovered" wilderness destinations across the country. Good luck with your piece and I hope you'll tell us where we can find it when you're done!

·
2,603 Posts
If only we had a regional forum dedicated to VT to post questions like this. Huh, what an idea......

Oh wait....we do but it’s been locked for weeks with no response from moderators or attempts to open it back up.

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
well mannered lout
2,767 Posts
John Worth at East Burke Sports is the guy you need to talk to. Also check "Northland Journal" for a piece they did.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Due to some out of control drama, mostly related to KT, that forum was shut down and a few users banned.

It may re-open in the future, but that is out of the moderators hands at the moment.
Just wondering why mtbr would shut down a forum just because of "out of control drama." Are we talking about inciting violence? Raciest hate speech? I'm genuinely curious. If anyone can give me the cliff notes I would appreciate it.

Only thing I know about KT is they lost trail access because of a few jagoffs.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Just wondering why mtbr would shut down a forum just because of "out of control drama." Are we talking about inciting violence? Raciest hate speech? I'm genuinely curious. If anyone can give me the cliff notes I would appreciate it.

Only thing I know about KT is they lost trail access because of a few jagoffs.
Yes, yes, and yes. It used to be the most interesting forum on mtbr prior to the bans. Every single thread turned into a **** show and it was fantastic. There was talk of building walls around VT with armed guards at the borders, questions of people's heritage (born in VT or in NJ?), and challenges to people's manhood.

·
well mannered lout
2,767 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes. It used to be the most interesting forum on mtbr prior to the bans. Every single thread turned into a **** show and it was fantastic. There was talk of building walls around VT with armed guards at the borders, questions of people's heritage (born in VT or in NJ?), and challenges to people's manhood.
I wish this was over stating it, but...

It was an ongoing, pervasive, and caustic argument about the "business model" of KTA and the sometimes negative effects of mountain bike tourism on rural Vermont communities.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Dang it, sounds like I missed the best mini series on tv.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts