Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happend to be one of the unfortunate nurses who was working last week when the road biker was struck down. Yes, we're all mad @ the person who was driving intoxicated and believe me when he came into the emergency room in police custody, it took a hell of a lot of restriant not to take him in back and kick his @$$. But, what would it accomplish. I see this crap all the time in the er. The problem is with our councilmen and lawmakers. Any other state in the USA, if you are drunk in public you go to jail. Oh, no, not in az. In az, when you are drunk in public you come straight to the er for gatorade and sandwiches, get re-hydrated, leave and come back a few hours later drunk again. It is all too common here and frankly the er nurses are tired of it. What happens to to going to jail when you are drunk in public, not in az. Had this dreg of society been in jail where he was supposed to be, this would have never happened. So you can bash this drunk all you want, but the problem lies deeper. These drunks need to go directly to jail and stay there for a while. Mayor donaldson (jackass of all jackasses) has his head up his a$$ and doesn't want to address the problem b/c it has not affected him yet. Maybe he should talk to the dead cyclists wife or have an accident like this happen to him and his family. I don't wish bad on anybody, but the drunk problem in flag is horrible and will continue to do so. More bikers are going to lose their lives, and these dregs get off with slap on the wrist. Sure we think the book will be thrown @ this price guy, but in reality he will be behind the wheel again soon. So I say write you higher ups, councilmen, etc. Anything to help this problem. I am an avid mtn biker and I love to road as well, it is just not biker friendly up here. This guy was in full bike garb in the bike lane and was struck from behind @ 40mph. We did all we could in the er, but a broken back and pelvis are hard to survive. Write and get petitions going for a mandatory detox center where these drunks have to stay, or change the laws for public drunkenness, b/c it is total bullshat how good these drunks have it.
a concerned er nurse

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.