Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fat & Single
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have been riding my One9 for 6 months now , but started getting wrist pain in the last few weeks.

The only thing i have done different is change the 465mm A-C PRO Carbon fork for a 470mm A-C Niner fork , next thing i have really sore left wrist , so im thinking the difference in the forks has done this but then i realize my standing/cranking has evolved and im moving faster.... so i watch my style and see that im leaning and twisting more on the left wrist than the right, nothing to do with the fork .

I have bought a set of Ergon GX2's to replace my GX1's as i now get to position my hands straight for the standup cranking climbing (more natural hand position) rather than rolling on my wrists and it seems after 2 rides the pain has gone.

Anyone else have wrist pain and how did you fix it , i was nearly going to get the 17d version of my Salsa Pro Motos to change the angle of grip but the small barends seems to have fixed the problem :thumbsup:

·
Fat & Single
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im riding a 2.4RR up front , fox gel gloves , ergon grips .... cheers sparty but susp forks are for my full susser, fully rigid SS is the charlie sheen !

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Ergons fixed my wrist pain and hand cramping too. My problem was a deathgrip on the narrow stock grips. With the Ergons I naturally hold them in a looser grip and dont get as much jarring.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I've had wrist/thumb issues for the last 6 months or so. It's not all single-speed related, but I do a fair bit of standing-and-mashing. It's across 3 different bikes, lots of different handlebars and grips, and tweaking brake lever angle, seat angle, seat position, and constantly repeating "light hands - heavy feet" when I'm riding...

What seems to have helped the most is that I just recently got a Tennis Elbow Brace.

The pain is all in the wrist/carpal tunnel/thumb so that's what I'd been focusing on - including a wrist brace or wrapping my wrist when riding. But then on a whim I tried the tennis elbow brace, and have been super-impressed. There are lots of possible causes of wrist pain, but that's what has surprisingly worked for me. (I do also like my ergons and carnegie bar though)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.