Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Member
Wrecker V2 / Nimble9
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums.

I have a V2 with a Rock Shox Monarch RC3+ Debonair. I'm usually a set it and forget it person unless I find something I absolutely dislike; but it's been great over the last 18 months I've owned it.

Anyway, I'm waiting on the V3 to arrive and I'm a little nervous about the coil shock on the new Wrecker.
I'm anywhere from 195-205 fully geared up and live on a bike resort. I don't hit the big jumps/drops, but love to charge the rocky tech. Snowshoe offers.

This is also my 1 bike, so it'll also see normal XC, etc.

I'm considering a Springdex 450-500.

My question is what are most people running for a spring rate being 200# and a moderately aggressive ride?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey All,

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums.

I have a V2 with a Rock Shox Monarch RC3+ Debonair. I'm usually a set it and forget it person unless I find something I absolutely dislike; but it's been great over the last 18 months I've owned it.

Anyway, I'm waiting on the V3 to arrive and I'm a little nervous about the coil shock on the new Wrecker.
I'm anywhere from 195-205 fully geared up and live on a bike resort. I don't hit the big jumps/drops, but love to charge the rocky tech. Snowshoe offers.

This is also my 1 bike, so it'll also see normal XC, etc.

I'm considering a Springdex 450-500.

My question is what are most people running for a spring rate being 200# and a moderately aggressive ride?
I'm interested with this too. I have a V3 coming. At 190, Push recommends a 425 spring according to Fanatik and the RS shock with a 450 would be about 25% sag and 400 would be about 35%. A 500# spring on the Offering and Insurgent are perfect for me, so I'm a little skeptical of 425 on the Wreck, but I am going to trust the experts on this one.

Sounds like 450 would be a good number for you and the Sprindex gives you some wiggle room if you need more.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a Large V3 with the 450 spring. When I got it back in August I weighed about 225 geared up. I thought I would need the 500 but figured I would give it a go. I was getting just a tad over 30% sag and added 5 clicks of LSC and it felt really plush. I think at 205 @F5000sl is in the sweet spot. Over the months I dropped 13lbs and now have a Push elevensix with a 475 spring. It definitely feels more supportive and doesn't give up its travel as easily. Since I got it a few months ago they have changed their spring rate chart. When I got it I was square on a 475. Now it would have me on a 500. I personally would not want to go up to a 500 as according to the sag indicator i'm not using full travel even on big compressions. I also like where it sits in its travel and prefer a softer set up. I could always add more compression too if need be. I think the spring suggestions are a little on the firm side but thats just me. Hope this helps. The bike is amazing too. Cheers

·
Registered
344 Posts
Although I’m 160lb ish I have had coil on the Offering and now my Wrecker V3, both on Rockshox. On the Offering I ran a 400 and I probably needed a 425, I had a 450 which was a little too stiff. I’m on a 400 again on my Wrecker and its pretty much perfect - I’m at around 27% sag.

·
Gold Member
Wrecker V2 / Nimble9
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff, thanks all.
I did call Evil and Dillon recommended using a 450; but ranged me from 425-450. I did get a chance to throw a leg over my friends Med. Wrecker V3 with a 450 and it felt good. He had a 500 an thought it was too harsh and he's about the same weight as I am.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts