Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
blet drive
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was looking at some pics from some tore guided trips and now i am wondering how you get a job as a tore guide? any thoughts.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Write the "tour" guide places you found on the net and ask them how you can become a "tour" guide.

Just where do you get that bogus quote about the 98 percent/2percent? It wouldn't be bad if it were true, but alas...it is not.

·
Registered
117 Posts
send a SAE to "MTB Tore Guides" include a letter explaining why you think you'd be a good tore guide and describe your most successful leadership experience - also include your height, weight, favourite campfire song, urine sample for drug testing, preferred mtb tire, and a recent picture (no facial tatoos or piercings)

post your draft here for any further help

·
bikes are people too
372 Posts
My question is, how do you go about gathering information for that kind of statistic?

Don't worry fred, I'm a stickler for spelling too.. though his capitalizing-every-first-letter-of-every-word response is tough to beat.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
M.J. said:
send a SAE to "MTB Tore Guides" include a letter explaining why you think you'd be a good tore guide and describe your most successful leadership experience - also include your height, weight, favourite campfire song, urine sample for drug testing, preferred mtb tire, and a recent picture (no facial tatoos or piercings)

post your draft here for any further help
I'd skip the letter cause you can't spell. How about calling your local tore guide company and asking for a job?

·
bikes are people too
372 Posts
M.J. said:
dude - don't mislead the guy - everyone knows it's got be done in writing like I said
Agreed.. listen to MJ, make sure you put it all out in writing. That's definitely your best bet, it will more aptly highlight your attributes.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
JUNGLEKID5 said:
so i was looking at some pics from some tore guided trips and now i am wondering how you get a job as a tore guide? any thoughts.
You work your ass off in one of the bigger companies for a while (Western Spirit) Take your Woofer and such on your own dime. Watch summers blaze by and try to find a job as a liftie or some similar ski industry job during the winter months. (Unless you are sufficiently nest egged, in which case you can guide in NZ or maybe sign up with Raytheon Polar services for a chilly but lucrative southern summer gig. During this phase you will wake up early, cook breakfast, clean up breakfast (In many fee licensed areas you can't get much help from even yor most willing guests because the health department has permitted you to run an outdoor kitchen, and they, most emphatically, are not.) Half the days you will be driving that van or truck instead of riding. And the days you do ride you will be shipping a 40 pound pack on your back and fussing over the stragglers with as much good cheer as can be mustered. You get to stop for a break (which means setting out lunch, cleaniing up same) More riding/driving, then setting up camp, making dinner, eating while you make desssert. Cleaning up all of this with a headlamp, often in the evening thunderstorm. You will have become far too intimate with the groover. (If you are not familiar with the concept of a groover, you may want to do some research on the matter before pursuing any further tour guide ambitions...) Once you have put in your time you might consider the highly unlikely and risky manouevre of starting up your own company. Then you get to deal with the exigencies of insurance, liability and lying awake at night clutching the therma-rest wondering if tomorrow is going to be the day someone sues you.

And you will love very minute....

·
blet drive
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the help every one and M.J. and i don't know why every first letter came out capitalized.. weird.. but whatever.. Maida7 we don't have a local place that runs tours..but good idea. so thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.