Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at my local bike shop picking up a free wheel nut and a new helmet, for the heck of it i picked up a TREK that was selling for 1000 dollars, omg that was soo light and sturdy, i felt like i could hop that really high and my bike is really heavy and i am having trouble with wheelies but this trek felt like it could do that with no problem. man, if only i had the money..... i guess you do get what you pay for. anyway what price range should i look at for a next bike, i got a dept. store rhino thats really heavy but it got me into biking, soo..... im looking 6 monthes - a year or more for another bike just thinking about it now.

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
The ~$500 range is a good entry point for a hardtail XC bike. You should get a decent aluminum frame and decent components at that price point. It won't be as nice as the $1000 bike, but it will be a major step up from your dept store bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much would a bike that can do "well" in both trails (not competion, but just doing thoses things) and uphill/downhill?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey a beginner bike that cost as much as the new guitar I want? come on really? why not 300 or something. man I need a job, hey stalk mabye we can switch at jobs hehe... :D

·
Registered
757 Posts
Mmm... yes. $1000 bikes do become light.

The implementation of exotic materials sees its way into the bike once you hit $1000 +.

Btw, please check for run-on sentences next time.... that's quite annoying. (not trying to be an ass).

Thanks.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
bstguitarist said:
Hey a beginner bike that cost as much as the new guitar I want? come on really? why not 300 or something. man I need a job, hey stalk mabye we can switch at jobs hehe... :D
A grand on a guitar??? Dude, are doing it for living??? :cool:

Just joking I'd like to get that Gibson Les Paul '59 with a flametop maple finish but I' rather get a high-end Trailbike for that price.... both cases I'm day dreaming....

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
$300 will buy a beginner mountain bike ...

bstguitarist said:
$300 is rock bottom for a mountain bike using standard components (no name and low-level Shimano).

Though, you should really consider spending more if your serious enough to post on a bulliten board about the topic ;-)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Warp2003 said:
A grand on a guitar??? Dude, are doing it for living??? :cool:

Just joking I'd like to get that Gibson Les Paul '59 with a flametop maple finish but I' rather get a high-end Trailbike for that price.... both cases I'm day dreaming....
Guitar and mountian biking are my two biggest passions. I dont know if i had the money which i would opt for. AH! .. i dont ever wanna be in that position. I have more guitars then bikes though, so i would get a new bike :D

sho

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I spent about 300 for the bike I have now because: I had never mtb (or biked anything for that matter) and didn't want to invest too much until I knew I was loving it.

Now I'm saving up to hopefully get an Enduro comp :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.