Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within posting my wheelset for sale for less than 6 hours I got my first scam.
Here is the message i got...

Hello, I came accros your ad and i am really intreted in geting it. So i will want you to pls email me if it is still available. And also tell me its present condition.Also send me the pics if it is available and give me your last price.Also i will want you to know that my mode of payment is with a certified chasiers check which i believe is the best way of payment. If you are ok with that you can get back to me so that we can conclude on payment. Regard

Hmmmm...he doesnt say his name...give me a phone number...even asks about the present condition of the product even when I clearly state it;s in perfect condition in my ad...

Should I email him a response talking about his mother?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
if u wanna sell it man...lol...then no...

ask him for his details and talk to him about it over the phone that way u wont get jibbed...:D

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Better yet, don't email him at all. Sounds shady.

Run away, run away..............

·
Deadhead
361 Posts
I have recieved the same e-mail almost word for word for a couple of items I had posted in the classifieds. I figured something was up when I recieved the same message from two different e-mail addresses that were both interested in the same item I had for sale. They even had the same misspelled words in the text. I wouldn't even bother e-mailing back.

·
Registered
895 Posts
gratefulbiker said:
I have recieved the same e-mail almost word for word for a couple of items I had posted in the classifieds. I figured something was up when I recieved the same message from two different e-mail addresses that were both interested in the same item I had for sale. They even had the same misspelled words in the text. I wouldn't even bother e-mailing back.
how stupid can this guy get?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts