Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
(
pounds)Sturdy, strong...and way lite....felt them today...getting a pair next week

http://www.azonicusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=52_32&products_id=157
well the weight savings would be about 1/2 pound at most. 2 pounds is 900 grams and the heaviest pedals i have ever seen weigh 650-700 grams. the lightest flats around are the wellgo mags at around 400 grams. and they cost WAAAYYY less than those azonics. i doubt that ti spindles can handle jumpind/hucking anyway so i would pass if i were you.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
200 bucks for pedals is way too much. Ti bends and is a flexy material. If you want something strong, I suggest sticking with chromo.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,789 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
will I kill them????
i once bought a Ti spindle for my profile cranks (when i was about 50lbs lighter), and broke it in the second week trying to get a good snap out of the gate......

i ended up getting a good snap alright, just not the kind of snap i'd hoped for....

Ti sucks.....

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
Titanium Spindles

You know, you probably won't break them, but it's true that Ti does flex more than CroMo. This can result in much faster bearing wear... I have had Ti spindles in a few different pedal types over the years and if the axle isn't really well supported inside the pedal body the flex tends to crush cartridge bearings pretty quickly.

I am going to give the Xpedo MX-3 a try... 415g claimed weight, but with CroMo axles. Maybe they suck, but I will give them a go and see if I like them as much as my Wellgo jobs.

JMH

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
will I kill them????

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
acdcfan1283 said:
damn, expensive as hell, haha cool tho nonetheless.
of course its azonic, when i read the title of the tread though i thought u were gonna say "save 2 pounds and go tubless".

heres one for ya, save some wieght and get a 888

haha that rhymes

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
if u wanna save some weight on ur bike start dieting...

greens and lot of water

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
How would you lose weight scabrider?

Because no mexican guy is messing with anything of mine.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts