Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped the crappy stance forks along with most of the 5th element shocks.

Tons of new Marzocchi stuff stock on just about every bike! Bout time they put a Super T on the Yakuza instead of that dreaded Kingpin.

Fox DHX 5 shocks on most of the mid to high end bikes. Must be a good improvement over the 5th!

Everything has been done exactly like I wished they did last year!

Too bad I just spent a grip of money on building my bike up. That 7 point 9 and 7 point 7 look freakin dope!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Robot Chicken said:
Dropped the crappy stance forks along with most of the 5th element shocks.

Tons of new Marzocchi stuff stock on just about every bike! Bout time they put a Super T on the Yakuza instead of that dreaded Kingpin.

Fox DHX 5 shocks on most of the mid to high end bikes. Must be a good improvement over the 5th!

Everything has been done exactly like I wished they did last year!

Too bad I just spent a grip of money on building my bike up. That 7 point 9 and 7 point 7 look freakin dope!
oh yah becuase 5th elements are so bad

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MTBSully said:
oh yah becuase 5th elements are so bad
I would still consider the DHX an upgrade even though the 5th is nice.

It fits a suspension design like the DWLink really well. DW link likes smooth active shocks, and that's exactly what the DHX is!

I'm also willing to bet the DHX is more reliable and has better customer support.

Two of my friends have had nothing but issues with their 5ths, customer support was freakin slow to boot!

It's really hit and miss with the 5th.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Way too much information, RC...about your testicles that is...LOL! Besides, I didn't know 4-year-olds had dropped their testicles yet. :D Actually I was just waiting to gig you on your birthday on your profile...June, 2001. Ambush! :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
TNC said:
Way too much information, RC...about your testicles that is...LOL! Besides, I didn't know 4-year-olds had dropped their testicles yet. :D Actually I was just waiting to gig you on your birthday on your profile...June, 2001. Ambush! :D
I think you already did like 4 month ago! Seriously, back in shocks forum you gave me schit about being 4! LoL

I DID drop my testicle. Can't get it back in there so I'll have to sell it... :D

I've been smoking kind buds since I was negative 12 years old!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
YOU CUT OFF YOUR LEFT TESTICAL AND I WILL BUY THAT BIKE FOR YOU
Robot Chicken said:
I would be willing to sell my left testicle for this sucker!

Don't worry, its a big one, and has been sterilized of active sperm by years of smoking skunky buds! $4000 obo.

·
Stand back
4,216 Posts
Adjustability is over rated

XSL_WiLL said:
The Fifths they use on the lower end ones lack adjustability. I think they used the CVT-3.
On a shock that is revalved for the bike, adjustability is not as necessary. I've run both the stock CVT2 and a borrowed CVT5, and I can't say that I missed the adjustments when going back to the CVT2. Or maybe it's just the 7 point suspension. :D

I would like to try a Roco and dhx, tho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.