Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title says i'm only 20 but its been about six years since i was in the race scene and i'm now trying to get back into it, and wow have disc brakes hit the market...I just bought a khs team st bike witha sid race shock on it and i'm wondering how do i put discs on it...i've been told their are different versions of discs...so i need to know which ones to put on...any help would be great...also if their is a certain wheelset i should go to because of discs...thanks in advancement

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
rjahr01 said:
Well like the title says i'm only 20 but its been about six years since i was in the race scene and i'm now trying to get back into it, and wow have disc brakes hit the market...I just bought a khs team st bike witha sid race shock on it and i'm wondering how do i put discs on it...i've been told their are different versions of discs...so i need to know which ones to put on...any help would be great...also if their is a certain wheelset i should go to because of discs...thanks in advancement
Discs were out 6 years ago, just noone really bought into them at the time.
Installing them is fairly easy if you are any good at maintaining your bike yourself.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rjahr01 said:
If you race... Magura Marta's are for you. Light and powerful.

For the wheelset get something from Mavic. They make the best light-strong wheels out there. Just look for their XC series.

Another option is the XTR brakes but I've heard they have issues with sticky pistons and constant travels back to factory to get them working and you need a Shimano or DT Swiss hub and you need the Dual Control Levers.... and so on.

·
Registered
295 Posts
rjahr01 said:
i've been told their are different versions of discs...so i need to know which ones to put on...any help would be great...also if their is a certain wheelset i should go to because of discs...thanks in advancement
The most common disc brake hubs are the 6 bolt IS standard. Shimano also makes a Center Lock Splined hub rotor, but Shimano also sells rotors with the 6 bolt IS standard.
Erik,
Balle Racing
www.balleracing.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts