Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this a result of global warming... god bless global warming!

I have lived in the Phoenix area for nearly 40 years and have never remembered a period like this. We might occasional get a cool day, but it seems like it has been cool for over a week and will be cool again next week.

I feel like I am being spoiled.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I know was thinking of starting a thread like this. Crazy weather for sure. Some predictions regarding global warming do call for cooler weather like the Arctic air event we saw in the US last winter...

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
2 to 4 " tonight in Flag. I'm over it, bring on summer..
The moisture is nice but yeah, I was done with winter at the end of March. I haven't been up skiing since the last weekend of March and I'm struggling with the idea of climbing for turns tomorrow even though I know it's gonna be good powder skiing.

I bet June 1st we turn that corner.

For the weather geeks.......
I have read that this weather is a result of the lingering el Nino. I don't have any data behind this but it seems like we are more consistently jumping between an El Nino or La Nina type winter. Could this sort of erratic shifting be related to a changing climate?

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
For the weather geeks.......
I have read that this weather is a result of the lingering el Nino. I don't have any data behind this but it seems like we are more consistently jumping between an El Nino or La Nina type winter. Could this sort of erratic shifting be related to a changing climate?
Dude, it's simply a bad case of 'polar vortex disruption'! A driving factor is the rapidly declining Arctic sea ice. https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/JCLI-D-18-0449.1?af=R&#.XNXBQCRz8MI.twitter

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just thank us Canadians for sending the weather----now that yer _______ tarriffs on our Al and steel are dropped.
Guess we'll have to burrow under the wall to get back to paradise this November; but, we're learning Chinese; just in case. Go T go!
Ride On!
TS

·
EDR
10,422 Posts
Enjoy it folks! I've traveled nearly 7,500 miles to Israel and it was 105 degrees today. Normally I could have stayed home and dealt with that. On the plus side it actually cools off at night.
The only downside so far it's I haven't found a hookup to do any mountain biking, found a few roadies but I'm not interested.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.