Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

My first venture into the 29er world is a new Waltworks.
Geared, SRAM, Reba, DT240/TK7.1, Marta's, Thomson, etc.

I went from a Bontrager hardtail to a Ventana full suspension (El Fuego) and just never quite felt it.

Received my Waltworks this month and was able to build her up and get out for a couple of rides this weekend. Amazing! Just what I had hoped for. Felt like I've been riding it for years - no adjustment period at all. The bike was responsive, a solid climber, and the benefits of a 29er apparent - I just don't see any drawbacks for my intended use and riding style.

I'm one of the stupid ones that simply committed without ever having ridden a 29er. I have no regrets - and just can't see wanting to get back onto the full suspension bike anytime soon.

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
Congrats. I also committed before even riding a 29er. It is actually far better than I thought it would be. Sounds like you have a nice component spec on that steed. Any pics of it that you'd want to share?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Pics Pics

I should be getting my WW in the next two weeks. Always a bit nervous when dropping a grand on something you have never seen from someone you have never met. Glad you like it. Have fun with it.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
SantaCruzan said:
Hey all.

Geared, SRAM, Reba, DT240/TK7.1, Marta's, Thomson, etc.

I went from a Bontrager hardtail to a Ventana full suspension (El Fuego) and just never quite felt it.

Received my Waltworks this month and was able to build her up and get out for a couple of rides this weekend. Amazing! Just what I had hoped for. Felt like I've been riding it for years - no adjustment period at all. The bike was responsive, a solid climber, and the benefits of a 29er apparent - I just don't see any drawbacks for my intended use and riding style.

I'm one of the stupid ones that simply committed without ever having ridden a 29er. I have no regrets - and just can't see to get back onto the full suspension bike anytime soon.
And the people said: "Amen!"

You've got to post pictures so we can see what flavor of Kool-Aid you're drinking for enjoyment.:thumbsup:

BB

·
2,856 Posts
SantaCruzan said:

Amazing! Just what I had hoped for. Felt like I've been riding it for years - no adjustment period at all. The bike was responsive, a solid climber, and the benefits of a 29er apparent - I just don't see any drawbacks for my intended use and riding style.
Walt is the Man!

Your story is my story. I met Walt at Veloswap in '04, he had this ss, rigid, big wheel bike on display that looked sweet. We chatted for a bit, I took his cardboard business card and called him a month or two later to begin my build process. It was great working with him.

I got the bike never having ridden a 29'er before and it was instantly a revelation. I have not looked back since.

Congratulations on making an excellent choice, enjoy!

Ed E

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Welcome to the Waltworks club. I too ordered my Walt with almost zero time on a 29er (10 minute ride on a friends Niner). I'm lovin mine so far even though I have 1 month and only a few rides on it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I too bought a 29er without ever riding one, no regrets been on two short 7-8 mile single track rides so far. The SS and 29 makes for a challenge in getting the mojo going

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.