Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Flight Junkie
Joined
·
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. Looking at a new bike. I know they are very different bikes. I was leaning towards a Santa Cruz Tallboy. Then I started thinking of my favorite bike. I really loved my Moots Mooto-X YBB SS I had (course I sold it to fund a new project). It rode really well. Should I go back to an old time favorite or go with the newer technology? Thanks
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
Hey there. Looking at a new bike. I know they are very different bikes. I was leaning towards a Santa Cruz Tallboy. Then I started thinking of my favorite bike. I really loved my Moots Mooto-X YBB SS I had (course I sold it to fund a new project). It rode really well. Should I go back to an old time favorite or go with the newer technology? Thanks
Uhh, c'mon Scott. You gotta go Ti!

Do you still have the Seven?
 

· Rider and Wrench
Joined
·
1,469 Posts
While I like the Moots and would not throw it out of bed for eating crackers I have also owned 3 SC 26" bikes and loved them all... Without knowing what other bikes are in your stable or weather this one will be the mythical but un-atainable "do it all" bike beast makes it tough. If I am adding to what I have it depends on how different the new ride is from what I already have... if it had to be just one I think it only ti could carry that torch.
 

· meh....
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
Hey there. Looking at a new bike. I know they are very different bikes. I was leaning towards a Santa Cruz Tallboy. Then I started thinking of my favorite bike. I really loved my Moots Mooto-X YBB SS I had (course I sold it to fund a new project). It rode really well. Should I go back to an old time favorite or go with the newer technology? Thanks
new technology? like you said ("I know they are very different bikes."), it's apples to oranges.

maybe the better question is Mooto-X YBB or Mooto XZ????

but to answer the original question, Tallboy.

to answer the second question, Mooto XZ.

sort of the same answer either way.
 

· Flight Junkie
Joined
·
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seven

No, I wasn't that big a fan of the Maverick suspension. Sold it to Eric at Slippery pig for a customer of his. Where are you now? I moved to Flagstaff and love it! Trails start at the end of my street. Scott

funboarder1971 said:
Uhh, c'mon Scott. You gotta go Ti!

Do you still have the Seven?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
No, I wasn't that big a fan of the Maverick suspension. Sold it to Eric at Slippery pig for a customer of his. Where are you now? I moved to Flagstaff and love it! Trails start at the end of my street. Scott
Still in Phx. I knew that was your Seven. Its still hanging in his office.

I might have to hit you up after the spring thaw. :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Havent ridden the Moots but I did just get off demoing a Tallboy and ordered one as soon as I got back to the shop. One comment a bike shop owner who happens to own a Moots told me was this is def his next bike (once he sells his Moots). Def demo a TB if possible - flat out amazing!
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top