Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. Looking at a new bike. I know they are very different bikes. I was leaning towards a Santa Cruz Tallboy. Then I started thinking of my favorite bike. I really loved my Moots Mooto-X YBB SS I had (course I sold it to fund a new project). It rode really well. Should I go back to an old time favorite or go with the newer technology? Thanks

· Registered
1,531 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
Hey there. Looking at a new bike. I know they are very different bikes. I was leaning towards a Santa Cruz Tallboy. Then I started thinking of my favorite bike. I really loved my Moots Mooto-X YBB SS I had (course I sold it to fund a new project). It rode really well. Should I go back to an old time favorite or go with the newer technology? Thanks
Uhh, c'mon Scott. You gotta go Ti!

Do you still have the Seven?

· Rider and Wrench
1,469 Posts
While I like the Moots and would not throw it out of bed for eating crackers I have also owned 3 SC 26" bikes and loved them all... Without knowing what other bikes are in your stable or weather this one will be the mythical but un-atainable "do it all" bike beast makes it tough. If I am adding to what I have it depends on how different the new ride is from what I already have... if it had to be just one I think it only ti could carry that torch.

· meh....
3,588 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
new technology? like you said ("I know they are very different bikes."), it's apples to oranges.

maybe the better question is Mooto-X YBB or Mooto XZ????

but to answer the original question, Tallboy.

to answer the second question, Mooto XZ.

sort of the same answer either way.

· Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seven

No, I wasn't that big a fan of the Maverick suspension. Sold it to Eric at Slippery pig for a customer of his. Where are you now? I moved to Flagstaff and love it! Trails start at the end of my street. Scott

funboarder1971 said:
Uhh, c'mon Scott. You gotta go Ti!

Do you still have the Seven?

· Registered
1,531 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
No, I wasn't that big a fan of the Maverick suspension. Sold it to Eric at Slippery pig for a customer of his. Where are you now? I moved to Flagstaff and love it! Trails start at the end of my street. Scott
Still in Phx. I knew that was your Seven. Its still hanging in his office.

I might have to hit you up after the spring thaw. :D

· Registered
374 Posts
Havent ridden the Moots but I did just get off demoing a Tallboy and ordered one as soon as I got back to the shop. One comment a bike shop owner who happens to own a Moots told me was this is def his next bike (once he sells his Moots). Def demo a TB if possible - flat out amazing!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.