Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a Scott Full Suspension bike. Right now I have a Carbon Scale 930 that I really like. I like the feel of a Carbon bike and have the opportunity to buy a leftover 2013 Scott Spark 930 for $2350 or a Genius 930 for $2750. I realize the Genius has more travel but I have never ridden a full Suspension bike very far. Maybe a total of about 5 miles max. I want the one that can climb the best and still have some decent suspension travel. I'm not looking for a Downhill bike here.. I'm a big boy at 6'4 and 250lbs but that doesn't really make a difference I guess. In your opinion should I stay Carbon and get the Spark or buy the Genius? What would you do and why?

·
I don't huck.
2,543 Posts
At 250lbs, and not a racer type, I would go for the Genius. I assume the 930 frames are the same construction between the two? I have ridden the 910 Spark and 910 Genius (2014) back to back and the Genius was a bit stiffer in the wheels and frame IMO and still climbed very well for a trail bike.

However, I am not up to speed on the 930 spec…I assume that is quite a bit lower than the 910 models.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am keeping the Scale. I ended up ordering a Genius 920 because they were out of the 930 in an XL for 2013 left overs. I ended up paying $2950 which is more than I wanted to spend but oh well It's only money....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts