Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not attempting to sell anything here.

I work for a company that makes these and I think we are missing a market by only targeting industrial customers. As a long time cyclist, I think these would be great in bike shops and in garages for guys who like to do all their own work. They would probably cost around $150.

Please just let me know what you think.

--------------------------------------

EC-A ECONOKLEEN
Bench top economy and convenience. Abrasive-resistant centrifugal pump circulates solvent through a flexible hose. Industrial grade steel construction. 3 to 5 gallon capacities.

STANDARD FEATURES

- Flexible Stay-Put metal flush hose for directable hands-free flushing action
- Industrial grade stell tank with durable powder-coat finish for durability and long life
- Fusible safety link closes lid in event of fire
- Removable lid/cover for easy access to pump and easy cleaning of tank

·
Registered
501 Posts
A small one would be nice

If they made one that with a bit lower capacity and size it would be tempting. Since most of what needs to be cleaned are cranks, chains & cogs, and home-shop space is usually in short supply, you don't need - or want - a large pan and you don't wan't to have to come up with 3 gallons of solvent. Something more like 12" x 12" with a quart or 2 of capacity would seem to make sense for the home mechanic at any rate. Also, it would have to be compatible with non-toxic solvents and be able to hold them in some sort of semi-sealed tank so you didn't have to always fill & drain the thing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the smallest one we currently make. I thank you for your opinion.

·
Basura Blanca
1,797 Posts
A small parts washer is on my wish list, but frankly, I'd probably get the $40 one at northertool.com before paying $150 for a Graymills. They appear to be essentially the same - why does yours command such a premium? That said, yeah, I think you're on the right track in identifying an as-yet-unexploited niche. Good luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Costs & pricing aren't my area of expertise, I'm an operations guy that loves to bike and I thought I'd see if people would like this.

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
I looked but park used to make something like this for bikes: had a reservoir built into the wash basin and a squirt handle to clean parts with.

they no longer offer it on their website as far as I can tell so that may give you an indication as to whether it is a viable option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.