Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For $170 shipped, it seems like too good of a deal to pass up but I've never ridden an air fork before so I'm not sure.

Here's the fork:
http://wheelworld.com/product/rockshox-recon-race-sl-air-6904.htm

As for me, I'm running a Dart 2 on my XC bike right now. It's not bad but I'm getting a lot of vibration that hurts my arms when I'm riding on ladder bridges. I'm 6'1" and 170lbs, I mostly ride single track (nothing too crazy yet but I'm working up there), small dirt jumps (not too often) and I ride around the ladder bridges at the local park a lot.

I don't bottom out on my current shocks (unless I turn the damping up and ride on the ladder bridges) so would this be a good fork for my style or should I stick to coil forks?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
tora 318 is an OK fork. recon seems to be sold out. for <200, can'tt really go wrong. if you have more coin, you can definitely get a better fork than the tora though. look at speedgoat too. they've got a few RS forks on sale for about $300 I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.