Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· "El Whatever"
18,874 Posts
Go for it....

I have a warp too...

It's going to slack the steering angle and will climb even worst but I think that if you're getting a DJ Zoke, you do not care a lot about climbing performance. OTOH, It will boost your downhill performace balancing your front and rear suspension travel and the slackened steering angle will give you better control in fast and nasty stuff.

For 30 or 40 bucks more you can get the Z1 Drop Off which seems to me a better all-around fork (not as Jumping specific).

I'm looking into forks for my Warp too. I'm biased towards the MX Comp w/ETA as the area surrounding has lots of climbs and I'm not a jumper (I like to keep the rubber against the soil specially at high speed downhills!!)

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I'm just learning to jump, doing 8-10 foot doubles and maybe 12 foot tabletops. I also ride some of the downhill runs where I live. Also, I ride some forest roads with some hillclimbs but I dont think the dj would mess up climbing too much.

· "El Whatever"
18,874 Posts
RS are so much appreciated these days that....

Seriously it doesn't make any sense to sell it.

Those are like $200 out there... now, yours is used, has the steerer cut and you used it for jumping which is not like "pampering" your fork...

If you can get $100 out of it, it'll be darn good. You stole the guy 100 bucks.

The same for my cheap arse Axel....

In fact... I got the '03 because the '04 has a RS fork and a Deore Derr instead of the LX. Check the specs from the '03 and '04 Warps DS1... Giant downgraded the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.