Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo ive been riding a transition covert with a coil shock that ive been riding. i love it and its amazing for resort riding or the type of trails where you go up once, and its a steep ride down. which is great because there are plenty of those types of trails around here. it fits my style of riding which is popping of everything, hopping around, trying to slide everything, im more about being aggressive and having as much fun as i can rather than going from A to B the fastest.
anyway, the covert, especially with how i have it built, is pretty sluggish on anything uphill, or flat, even going downhill, if its a pretty mellow downhill, not very steep where you can still pedal a lot, its sluggish. and it doesnt really come to life unless your able to charge stuff.

so im set on getting a hardtail next year. i need something that can go uphill well, but most of all be fast on the flat, very slight uphill, mellow downhill type trails. there are tons of great trails around here that dont really have much elevation change, just rolling terrain, short ups and downs. and i would love to be able to have a bike that can really haul on those types of trails.

but i dont want to sacrifice fun for performance, the super XC race bikes dont do anything for me, i need something freestyle oriented. and id love to take this on the DH trails around here as well as do some resort riding.

so what do ya think? is the summer season a good fit? from the sound of it its got the fun factor and freestyle oriented performance im looking for. but im not sure if it will be able to carry the speed on climbs and mellow up and down trails.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Soooo ive been riding a transition covert with a coil shock that ive been riding. i love it and its amazing for resort riding or the type of trails where you go up once, and its a steep ride down. which is great because there are plenty of those types of trails around here. it fits my style of riding which is popping of everything, hopping around, trying to slide everything, im more about being aggressive and having as much fun as i can rather than going from A to B the fastest.
anyway, the covert, especially with how i have it built, is pretty sluggish on anything uphill, or flat, even going downhill, if its a pretty mellow downhill, not very steep where you can still pedal a lot, its sluggish. and it doesnt really come to life unless your able to charge stuff.

so im set on getting a hardtail next year. i need something that can go uphill well, but most of all be fast on the flat, very slight uphill, mellow downhill type trails. there are tons of great trails around here that dont really have much elevation change, just rolling terrain, short ups and downs. and i would love to be able to have a bike that can really haul on those types of trails.

but i dont want to sacrifice fun for performance, the super XC race bikes dont do anything for me, i need something freestyle oriented. and id love to take this on the DH trails around here as well as do some resort riding.

so what do ya think? is the summer season a good fit? from the sound of it its got the fun factor and freestyle oriented performance im looking for. but im not sure if it will be able to carry the speed on climbs and mellow up and down trails.
You may like the regular 456 with a 150-160mm fork. HTA will be ~66 degrees. The Summer Season HTA is ~2 degrees slacker.

We currently have complete Carbon 456 bikes for $2000. Same geometry as the standard steel 456, lighter and more tire clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts